17

Chapter 17

  Chen Man ran downstairs, downstairs became a pot of porridge1 Pot of porridge – a complete mess.

  Alarms and ambulance sirens were heard. The crowd was blocked by the cordon. Everyone stretched their heads and wanted to see the victims.

  The most favorite pastime for people was to watch the bustling scene. After all, if the needles didn’t affect them, they wouldn’t know the pain.

  Chen Man stood in the doorway, watched the doctors and nurses run down and quickly took away the injured, four of them were covered with a white cloth.

  Five people, one less.

  Finally, the hurried Secretary Yang caught up. The police stopped them from approaching any further. Secretary Yang hurriedly pulled Chen Man’s sleeve. “President don’t stand here. Let’s go back. It would be more chaotic to stay here. By the way, didn’t you say that you were going home? You can’t leave from the front door, why don’t you leave from the back door…?” 

  Afterwards, Chen Man ran again without saying a word. Her appearance caused her to suddenly think of something, Secretary Yang spent much of her time sitting in the office, she couldn’t catch up to her great physical strength. She stood at the same spot with her hips on her back and froze for a long time. At last, she decided to stay cool and not chase after her.

  ……

  Chen Man ran to the underground parking lot, found her car, sat in, immediately started it, then stepped on the accelerator with her foot.

  The distance from the company to her home was close, but no matter how close it was, it was impossible to get home in three minutes. Chen Man didn’t know how many cameras photographed her on the way. At this time, she didn’t have the heart to pay attention to her point deductions in driving and tickets.

  She stiffly stood in front of her house, her mind was filled with two distinct memories and her brain became confused. Chen Man couldn’t tell the difference between the two memories, which was real.

  At this moment, the door suddenly opened.

  Jiang Xichu casually wore a set of clothes, then hurried out. As soon as she opened the door, her feet have yet to step out when the person she was looking for appeared before her.

  Jiang Xichu looked slightly stunned. Soon, she showed a look of anger: “Where did you go! I called you but you didn’t answer. Didn’t I tell you that you weren’t allowed to go out today, not even to the company? You treat my words like air, why Chen Man, why are you always like this? Can you for once, just once! Listen to me!”

  Chen Man looked at Jiang Xichu dazedly and looked stupid. Jiang Xichu was angry at her appearance. “Did you heard what I just said to you? It’s no use playing dumb, you!—”

  Her angry tone abruptly stopped. Chen Man’s sudden touch made Jiang Xichu’s voice suddenly subside.

  Chen Man raised her hand and pointed to Jiang Xichu’s face. Her movements were extremely careful. Her fingertips gently fell on Jiang Xichu’s face. It was as if she wasn’t touching a person, but a porcelain doll that would shatter if she didn’t pay attention.

  Jiang Xichu finally discovered Chen Man wasn’t right and her voice was a little low.

  “Chen Man, what’s the matter with you?”

  The familiar voice came again and the person opposite of her was lively and noisy, the beautiful person couldn’t help but cry. 

  Chen Man took a step forward and tightly hugged Jiang Xichu. The moment that she closed her eyes, tears rushed out and the suppressed sob rung in her ears. Jiang Xichu’s body was tense and felt the person’s helplessness and vulnerability. She slowly relaxed her body, then raised her hand to pat Chen Man’s back.