5

Chapter 5

  Jiang Xichu wouldn’t scold for no reason. Chen Man was stunned by her scolding. After half a day, she reacted and raised her eyebrows: “Jiang Xichu, tell me clearly! What’s wrong with me? That you had to say that!”

  Jiang Xichu looked at her for the first time. After three seconds, she deeply exhaled, and she slowly lowered her eyes. She felt that the heavy depression in her heart almost dissipated. She looked up and the corner of her eyes were pale pink from her tears that flowed. She looked at her with such eyes and Chen Man couldn’t say anything serious. She hesitated to prepare a soft look to coax her secretary Jiang. 

  Before she spoke, secretary Jiang said, “It’s nothing. Last night I had a nightmare, we were being chased by a murderer. You pushed me out as bait and ran away. I was still so angry after waking up, so I came to settle the debt.”

  Chen Man: “………”

  The room was quiet for five seconds, and then came Chen Man’s horrified voice, “Because of a ridiculous dream that you had, I was slapped by you?!” 

  “You’re unreasonable. I am the general manager and was scolded like this by you. You dare do this because of a dream? Stop, Jiang Xichu, I haven’t finished talking to you yet!”

  Jiang Xichu pushed the door and exited. When she opened the door, Chen Man’s voice was clearly heard. The other three secretaries stared from the side. Jiang Xichu calmly looked at them, “What, you see what I’m doing? Have you finished your work?”

  The three secretaries immediately went back to their workstations, no matter whether it was genuine or fake, began the pitter-patter of typing.

  Jiang Xichu turned her head. At this time, it was already past nine o’clock in the morning. The sun rose to its fixed position as usual. The first bright sunshine fell into the office, she stood in the sun and Jiang Xichu felt the long-lost warmth. She couldn’t help but hook up her lips. After a pause, she returned to her position.

  She wrote a formal letter of apology due to a delay. A batch of machines were ordered by them from Germany. Due to the customs clearance in Shanghai, it was scheduled to arrive in a month, but this time, it took two months. Only after these machines were received, they would be able to start their work. This order was a cooperation with state-owned enterprises. If it was delayed for too long, they must send a formal letter of apology to others. 

  There wasn’t a need to consult other text materials, Jiang Xichu raised her hand and typed out a standard official document. Secretary Yang sat on the swivel chair and moved back towards Jiang Xichu. Secretary Yang mysteriously took a pen and asked her in a low voice, “Secretary Jiang, what has president Chen done wrong?”

  After working in the company for two years, secretary Yang often saw Chen and Jiang curse at each other. Usually it was Chen who had done something. Secretary Jiang couldn’t agree with her, then they would quarrel. The more they quarrel, the fiercer it would be. Finally, Chen couldn’t bear the threat of using force, she would sit on her chair and admit her mistake.

  Secretary Yang thought this time would be the same, so she was very happy to look for office gossip. Secretary Jiang was typing, after a while, her fingers continued to press on the keyboard, “No, she didn’t do anything wrong.”

  Secretary Yang was surprised that she didn’t do anything wrong. What did she just hear.

  Secretary Yang still wanted to ask again, but as soon as her eyes looked, she saw the content on Jiang Xichu’s computer screen. “Hey? How come I didn’t know that the shipment was going to be delayed? When did this happened?”