4

Chapter 4

  It turns out that death wasn’t the end of suffering. 

  Even if she has no sense of touch, none of the five senses, her nonexistent heart twitched in extreme sadness. The great pain drowned her and caused her to collapse onto the ground in despair, she wanted to cry, cry.

  But she has no eyes and couldn’t shed tears.

  Whether she hit the door or yell, the world was always terrifyingly quiet. She could only watch Chen Man’s life dissipate bit by bit.

  Too cruel.

  It’s more cruel than murdering her.

  At the time of her death, Chen Man heard a little bit of movement. She opened her eyes with difficulty and saw the person she dreamt of. She was still wearing the expensive clothes from that day, it was the dress that she had given her. When she first received it, she lectured her to not waste money which was like a slap to the face. But in the next second, she put it on and then ran out to ask if she was good-looking or not, it especially highlighted her figure. 

  At that time, Chen Man didn’t answer. Now, she looked at the increasingly blurred figure, Chen Man’s smile was invisible, she opened her mouth and said in a voice that no one could hear: “…. it’s good looking, very nice.”

  When the little brother in white arrived at Chen Man’s house, he stood in the distance and looked at the house with a frown.

  He walked in and strolled around the first floor. It wasn’t easy to find Jiang Xichu. She was sitting on the ground against the wall. Her expression was hidden in the dark shadow, which made people unable to clearly see.

  The little brother in white still had a folder in his hand. He glanced at Jiang Xichu whose aura had obviously changed into a fierce ghost. Then glanced at Chen Man, whose body didn’t move.

  He opened the folder and said: “I just investigated and there was a mistake with the fate line. You weren’t supposed to have an accident, it was muddled, and you died. You’re still a living soul. We didn’t find out at that time, so it was easy for you to run back to this world.”

  When Jiang Xichu ran, it wasn’t because they couldn’t find her, it was because there were many things to do and they didn’t have the time to find her. Until Chen Man’s soul appeared in the underworld, they found that something was wrong.

  Chen Man was a person of great potential and wealth. She died young at the age of 28. What was wrong with her? So, the superior asked them to investigate. Only after they investigated, they found that Chen Man wasn’t the one who was meant to die, nor Jiang Xichu. They were all victims of the butterfly effect. One mistake caused countless mistakes, which must be corrected immediately, or more people would die later. 

  “Go out of this door, you will be able to return to the past. I will not erase your memories. It is our compensation to you. There is only one thing I want to tell you. Don’t disturb other people’s life and death. You now know that someday, something will happen downstairs in your company, and one day, a girl will die out in the ocean, but you can’t intervene. Do you understand?”

  Jiang Xichu’s eyes looked at him dazedly. The red in her eyes was less than before, “I…I can go back?”

  “En,” the little brother in white casually lowered his head and closed the folder. He stressed again, for fear that Jiang Xichu wouldn’t know whether she was wrong or not. He added without hesitation, “If you intervene, you will save one person, two at most. You have only one life, the rest, we will let the one you care about the most return.”