14

Chapter 14

 In the morning, Jiang Xichu’s cellphone rang. When it rang once, Jiang Xichu hung up immediately. When it rang the third time, she frowned at the cellphone and turned it to silent mode instead of hanging up.

  Chen Man didn’t know, “Who is it?”

  Jiang Xichu’s tone wasn’t good, it seems that she was very annoyed with the caller. “No one, it’s harassment. After eating, let’s go.”

  They left at 8 o’clock, dawdled and arrived at the company at 8:20. In fact, the company’s workday started at 9 o’clock. However, they were the president and president’s chief secretary, it was better to set a good example by being early.

  When she arrived at the office, Jiang Xichu began to be busy for more than an hour. At last, she finished all the urgent tasks and could rest for a while. As a result, the phone rang again.

  Jiang Xichu frowned and turned over the cellphone. After a minute, the cellphone suddenly vibrated. 

  The vibration meant that there was a new notification. Jiang Xichu took the cellphone slowly and looked at it.

  —I am downstairs at your company. If you don’t come out, I’ll go up.

  Some people and some things can’t be solved by ignoring them. She had said many things on the phone, but the other side was unwilling to give up and made the situation extremely embarrassing.

  Jiang Xichu stared at her cellphone screen for a long time, then took it in her hand. She stood up and said to secretary Yang behind her, “I’ll go out for a while, and if anyone comes to find me, tell them that I’ll be back in half an hour.” 

  Today was the day when the local finance department handed in the reimbursement forms and accounts. Chen Man asked for the accounts to be rechecked because she didn’t trust the people from the branch company. This job was originally done by Jiang Xichu, but recently she didn’t know, the many tasks were continuously delegated.

  It’s not that she wanted to push work to others, but she wanted to exercise the people under her hand. 

  Although there was a larger workload and there were more tasks available, secretary Yang was very happy. At this time, she raised her head from the pile of big and small things, blinked in confusion and then pointed with her chin. “I see.”

  Jiang Xichu turned around and went out. The company’s decoration mainly consisted of four colors, bright yellow, dark blue, light green and milk white. Because the average age of employees in the company wasn’t more than 28 years old, the young people’s exclusive vitality was revealed everywhere. Jiang Xichu wore a light blue chiffon dress today which complemented the company’s decoration.

  Downstairs, when passing the front desk, the little girl at the front desk smiled at her. Jiang Xichu quickly hooked her lips and looked ahead. Sitting on the sofa in the hall was a middle-aged woman in her fifties. Her clothes were wrinkled and old-fashioned. As if she had worn them for many years, the smile on Jiang Xichu’s face quickly receded. She frowned at the woman, walked quickly to her side, dropped a word, then went to a different direction.

  “Go there.”

  The middle-aged woman stood up and followed Jiang Xichu.

  Because the entire building was on their company’s property and this land was Chen Man’s graduation gift from her father, it wasn’t meant for commercial purposes, so there was no basement level. If they wanted to talk about things, they could only go somewhere else. There was a business square opposite of the company, the amount of people passing by wasn’t much, but it met the office workers’ needs.