C H A M P I O N

We finished history of magic slowly. I didn't really care to much about how Hogwarts was built so I just listened to Draco teach me how to draw moving pictures. Hermione caught us and said we should use that quill for notes. I just told her 'but your brain is a better resource.' I earned a nice punch in the arm. Hermione had a bloody good punch.
————-
Aubreys POV
"What class do we have next?" Ron asked. "Magical creatures." Hermione answered. "I'd not like to almost die again please and thank you." I said making them laugh. "There she is." Harry replied making me smile. "She's back bitches!" I said and we laughed again. Iv always been the funny friend in the group. I still was, just a bit more broken. We made are way down to magical creatures. Everybody was already there, I guess we took are time. We said are hellos to Hagrid. Well Draco just kinda half smiled but the rest of us said hello.

He was talking about the dark forest then he said, "Now two at a time you all are going into the dark forest and collecting one small animal." My eyes went wide. We're doing what now?! "Now pair up!" He announced. Draco took my hand quickly. Harry saw and he decided to pair with Ginny. He looked a bit disappointed. "Alright don't go to far and stay with your partner! Be back in 5 minutes." He announced and we all left.

"I thought we aren't allowed in the forest." I said. He held my hand a bit tighter, "Well we have to find a creature and get out of here." He said. We went a different way from everybody else. We walked for a bit then I heard something flap it's wings. We walked a bit closer to it. "Godrick-." I cut Draco off. "Hippogriff, that will work." I said and let go of his hand. I walked up to it and stood about a foot away from it. I bowed and it bowed back. I held my hand out and it placed its head in my hand. I was smiling and Draco looked shocked. "You have a thing with animals you know that." He said. I laughed and hopped on the hippogriff. We walked back to the hut. Mostly everyone had gotten back and when Hagrid saw me and Draco his eyes went big.

"Well you two did well!" He said in his normally jolly tone. I smiled and hopped down. "Normally people bring smaller pets back but she will do." He said and patted the hippogriff on it's head lightly. We walked it back over to the group and just petted it. Then Harry and Ginny came back. They had what looked like a mandrake from Herbology. Hermione and Ron came back not a minute after holding a little fuzzy thing. They both walked towards me and Draco. "Bloody hell how did you manage that?" Hermione asked in awe. "Don't look at me. I didn't do a thing." Draco admitted. There heads turned to me. I just shrugged, "it liked me." I said making them laugh. Hermione stroked the little fuzzy thing she was holding.

"Good job all of you, very impressive work for your first time taming an animal." He said. Wait taming. I didn't think this is my pet now. "Sir did you say taming?" Hermione asked with the same confused look on her face. "Well of corse! There your pets now." Mine and Draco's eyes went large. Uh I don't know or where I'm going to keep this hippogriff.  "Class dismissed!" He called. Everybody walked off with there pets but me and Draco.

"Umm Hagrid small issue. We can't very easily keep her in our dorms." Draco said. "Here I'll keep her for you all. Your welcome to visit her anytime." He said with a warm smile. "Thanks Hagrid!" I said and ran off. Draco following.

—————

We left are last class (DADA) and Hermione had lots to ask. "How in the world did you manage to get a hippogriff?!" She said. "Like I said. No idea." I repeated. "Well I'm going to study because un like some people." Hermione paused looking between Ron and Harry, "I don't like competing for bottom of the class." And like that she was gone.

"Me and Ron should practice for this weekends game." Harry started, "Are you ok with Malfoy?" He whispered. "Yes Harry I'm fine. Now I'll see you tomorrow for the game." I winked and watched them walk off. "Are you ok with playing this weekend?" Draco asked. "Well I'm not going to sit around and watch people play now am I." I answered. Then we took off for the quidditch pitch. Both teams were already standing there. When me and Draco walked in we could see them arguing.

"We have a new seeker this year Potter. We need to train her." Flint snapped. "Bloody hell is happening." I said making everybody turn there heads to me and Draco. "Here's your broom Malfoy and Ryder." Flint said handing them to us. I smile at him then turned towards the Gryffindor team. "Why don't we just scrimmage, it will be the best for both teams." I said. The Gryffindor team agreed. I looked at them and they didn't move and inch. Draco shot flint a glance then they were all agreeing. I was starting to realize people were scared if Draco just because of his damn last name.

—————-

We scrimmaged for about 2 hours then decided we should all get ready for dinner. Of corse we played multiple rounds and Harry caught the snitch a few times, but so did I. It was going to be a hard game tomorrow.

Draco and I were walking back to the common room and he told me about how they would be announcing the triwizard champions. "Thank god nobody we know is going into that, it's asking to get murdered." I told him. "Well your little Gryffindor friends try and get murdered every year." He retorted. "It's not Harry's fault the dark lord couldn't kill him!" I exclaimed making Draco chuckle. "If I was the dark lord I would have just chucked the child out the window. But then again I'm glad he's alive, he's truly a good friend." I said looking at the floor. Draco was assumed when I started talking but his smiled faded when I said Harry was a good friend. We approached the common room and Draco said quite proudly  'pure blood.'

I went to my dorm and got changed out of my alethic outfit and changed into the uniform. I came out and Draco was sitting there waiting for me. "How the fuck are you able to pull off that ugly ass uniform." He asked making me chuckle. "Draco. Dude. My hair is a mess, this skirt doesn't hug my waist, and these robes look like capes." He basically died laughing. "You look much better than everyone else in them so your doing something right." He added. I blushed for a second then I was brought back to reality. Why would the guy everybody either fears, has a crush on, or hates, like me? He's just being friendly.

We walked into the great hall and I sat at the Slytherin table for what felt like the first time in fifty years. I sat next to Draco and across from this girl named Pansy Parkson. She's obsessed with Draco. Like scary obsessed. She just started at me with this smug look on her face. What the hell was her problem. I just sat there talking to Draco until  Dumbledor got everybody's attention. "The champion for beaxions, Flur Delcor." He said. A rather pretty girl with lighter blonde hair than me stood up. She looked like my mom kinda but younger and with green eyes. "The champion from dumstarng, Victor Krum." A large man stood up and looked at Hermione. She seemed to be enjoying his attention. I on the other hand didn't like him. He was so large it was scary, wasn't a fan of the shaved head. Just no. "The champion from Hogwarts, Cedric Diggory!" He called. I clapped. I didn't really know the guy but he stood up from the Hufflepuff table and made is way to the other champions. "We have are 3 champions! But only one will go down in-." He was cut off from the flame going large then spitting out a name.

He looked like he read it 50 times. He mumbled something that nobody understood then he said the worst thing possible.

"Aubrey Ryder."