V O W

MENTIONS OF SELF HARM IN THIS CHAPTER. -M

Aubreys POV

I woke up in a bed I haven't woken up in awhile. My own. Last night was perfect. Draco, the laughter, the food, the gifts, everything was perfect. I got up slowly and looked at the necklace and earrings again. First day of normal life again. I was still wearing Draco's ring but I didn't think jewelry would be necessary. So I just showered, threw on my uniform, put my hair in a messy ponytail, and was out the door for breakfast.

I didn't see Draco at the slytherin table so I took a seat at the Gryffindor table next to Harry. "Where were you last night?!" Hermione asked the moment I sat down. "Italy..." I told her. "I told you she was on a date!" Harry said earning a light tap on his head. "Ew love." Ron said fake gagging.

"You'll be the same way one day with Hermione." I winked making them both go red. "They would have the cutest kids." Harry added making us laugh. "Harry!" Hermione exclaimed. "I don't even want to think about kids." I rolled my eyes and took a bite of that herb thing. "That would be one blonde child." Ron said making Hermione punch his arm.

Breakfast ended and we walked to our first class, DADA. Still no Malfoy in sight.

Then we went to magical creatures. Alright this is getting weird.

"Isn't it strange that Malfoy isn't at any of the classes." Hermione said as we walked to potions. "He wasn't in the common room either." I added. "He might have forgot we returned to classes today." Harry said reassuring me. Then we walked into potions and Snape was talking to Draco. "Umm." I broke the silence. Snape let go of Draco's collar and we took are seats.

"Where have you been?" I asked Draco. He looked ill, he was naturally pale but not this bad. His eyes looked drained and over worked. "Not important." He told me not looking up. "Is everything ok?" I asked. "Yes I'm fine." He looked at me and tried to smile. "Your a horrible liar." I said writing down notes. He rested his hand on me knee and rubbed small circles, "Just tired." He added. "You look sick." I told him making him sigh.

"Mr.Malfoy." Snaps called. He looked up, "What is the likelihood of liquid luck not working." Snape asked. "0.0067." Draco answered. "Good, 30 points to slytherin." He nodded and went back to his notes. "Mr.Potter." He called. I could see Harry cringe, "What is the other name for liquid luck." He asked. Harry this is so easy. Hermione's hand shot up. "I think you should ask Hermione." He snapped back. It took all my will power to not laugh. "20 points from Gryffindor." Snape rolled his eyes. "Let's see Ms.Ryder." He called me. Hermione just looked disappointed. "Oh um, Felix Felicis." I answered. "Good to see somebody is paying attention." He said looking at Harry. Class dragged on for another 40 minutes then we left. Well everybody did but Draco.

"20 pOInTs FrOm GrYiFfINdOr, oh no then we will never win the house cup, just kidding I don't care." Harry said. Me and Ron died laughing Hermione just hit the back of his head.

——————-

History of magic ended and I went back to the common room looking for my favorite Malfoy. I knocked on his door. "It's me." I whispered. "One moment." He called. I heard a desk drawer slam shut then followed by, "Come in." I opened the door to see the bed was a mess, as well as the desk. The fireplace wasn't on, and everything looked terrible. The worst part was, the blood on the floor next to his nightstand. "What do you need darling." He asked holding his left arm behind his back. "Draco.." I whispered concerned. He looked at me with teary eyes. He sat down on his bed and rubbed his sleeve. I sat down next to him and looked at his arm. "What's wrong?" I asked. He just shook his head and moved his arm farther away from me. I held my hand out, "Let me see your arm." I said. "No." He said in a cold tone. One I haven't heard before. "Draco Lucius Malfoy I want to help you." I said back in the same tone. "You'll hate me! I'm doing this for you." He said and then he went into his on sweet bathroom and slammed the door.

I stood up and slid down the door with my back. I could hear him do the same, along with muffled crying. "Draco you've done so much for me, please." I whispered. "I have to keep you safe." He whispered.

Silence.

"Draco I'm safe it's ok." I said. I could feel tears welling up in my eyes. Not like I was going to let them fall. "I'm not like them." I heard through the door. Then a unlocking sound. The door opened and I spun around to see Draco holding his arm out for me. I rolled up his sleeve to see the dark mark with cuts all over it. "I don't want to do this." He said tears falling down his face. I took my wand out of my pocket and cast a heeling charm. Then I saw the full thing. I looked up from the mark to him. I jumped into his arms hugging him. "Your different I know." I whispered in his ear. "Your not vial and cruel, I know." I whispered feeling his tears on my shoulder. "Snape took me to the manor this morning. That's were I was." He admitted. I whipped the tears off his face. "Draco a mark doesn't define you." I said.

"But it controls me. He controls me."

"Do what you need to do. Now do you want Harry to know?" I asked. He shook his head. "If Potter knows then he can use you and you'll be at risk." I wanted to believe Harry wouldn't beg me for more but deep down, he would. I didn't blame him, if I was him I would to.

———————

Draco's POV

It was midnight. I got up and walked down to Snape's classroom. "I can't do this." I simply said. "You have no choice." He replied. "She knows." I admitted. "You fool! She'll be dead by morning." He yelled. "I couldn't help it!" I snapped back. "Watch your tone." He growled. "You have to help me." I muttered. "My vow was to keep you safe not her." He said. "Then make me a vow." I begged. "Your only 16." He scoffed. "And so is she." I whispered. I was hurt, broken, I needed to keep her safe but I was running out of options. "She's safest with Potter." My heart dropped. "What how!" I exclaimed. "She's wrapped in the darks lords mess with you. Potter can at least keep her hidden." He explained. I shook my head. "No I love her." I told him. "Young love." He rolled his eyes, "It doesn't work you should learn that now." He finished.

"She's like lily."

Silence.

"And he's James." I whispered.

"I'll make the vow."