Chapter Two: Dinner

Lou hated what was in front of her

Lou hated what was in front of her. It seemed like it was mocking her. Just begging to be eaten by her.

She was not hungry one bit, so she murmured "I'm not hungry."

Padme was expecting Lou to say that. She even prepared the response, 'Just maybe eat at least a bite or two.' but at that moment her mind was blank. She knew she couldn't get Lou to eat anything, no matter how hard she tried. "That's fine Lou. Can you just stay until I finish my dinner?"

All Lou did was nod in response.

After a couple of minutes, Padme was done with the silence so she decided to tell Lou what was going to happen tomorrow, "So Lou, I have a senate meeting tomorrow. It will only take about half the day and the rest of the day we can do whatever you want. The only thing that we'll have later is I have an appointment for you with a therapist. I think you'll like him. His name is Peter Larmick."

"What time?"

"It's at five. And after that, I was hoping we could go out for dinner if you would like to."

"Sounds good."

"And if you want before the appointment we can go shopping."

"Perfect" It was not perfect for Lou. She didn't want to do any of those things Padme offered.

Shopping: She hated it.

The therapist: She has everything under control and doesn't need help, so she didn't see the point.

And dinner: Out in public with people giving her judgmental and pitiful looks about her weight and how she wasn't eating.

Just thinking about all three of those had her panicking. She had red lights flashing in her head. She couldn't breathe. But she couldn't show Padme. She wouldn't. Last time she had a panic attack in front of someone her mother yelled at her saying all she was just an attention-seeking brat. Tears started welling up in her eyes. And the way she saw Padme looking at her, she knew Padme thought something was wrong. So she did what she does best, she ran away from the problem.