Chapter Five: Anakin

"One of my close friends is coming over later today"

Lou looked up when she heard her sister say that. She then smirked while saying, "You mean that Jedi boyfriend of yours?"

Padme was in shock that Lou knew about her and Anakin's relationship. "You know about that?"

"Duh. I'm surprised the whole galaxy doesn't know about the two of you."

"How did you even find out?"

"Remember when you had to come to Naboo a few months ago because there was a failed assassination attempt on you?" Padme nodded at that, "Well you had that Jedi with you and when I decided to come out to see the sunset I saw you two getting married. And being all cheesy romantics. Your vows? The cheesiest things I have ever heard in my life. 'I have loved you ever since I saw you on Tatooine all those years ago.' seriously Padme?" 

Padme felt relieved hearing her sister joking around, but she could still hear the void in her voice like she wasn't there emotionally, only physically. And that hurt so much.

"Well, Lou his name is Anakin Skywalker and we have been married for three months now. And I had to make those vows on the spot so I thought I did very good on them."

Lou gave Padme this amused look at her sister defending her awfully cheesy wedding vows. "I just want to meet him. That's all. I need to approve of him. Also, I highly recommend you redo your vows at some point."

"Of course. But I'm not sure on the vows." Padme was relieved by the way Lou was taking this. She was relieved that she didn't have to hide her and Anakin's relationship from Lou.

"Also, don't kiss each other in front of me."

~~~

When Anakin walked into Padme's apartment he had to stop walking when he saw a second person in the room. When he got a closer look he realized it was Padme's younger sister, Louisa.

"So you're the Jedi boyfriend." Lou then saw the look Padme gave her, "Right, sorry. Jedi husband. Call me Lou. Highly recommend you redo your vows at some point." While saying this, Lou had a big smirk on her face.

When Anakin got a good look at Lou, she looked dead. He could see these dark bags under her eyes, it seemed like she hasn't had a proper sleep or meal in a long time.

"So, you know?" Anakin inquired while looking at Padme for clarification.

"Yeah. I do. I'm surprised the whole galaxy doesn't know about your 'secret relationship'. Also, stop looking at me like that, I don't need your pity. I have everything under control."

After a couple of minutes of awkward silence, Lou just decided to leave. When Padme noticed that she was about to leave she started to say, "Do you want something t-"

"No thanks."

When Lou left, Padme sighed and Anakin could tell she was about to cry. So he pulled her close while she cried into his shoulder.

"I want my little sister back! She pretends everything is fine. That she's not killing herself. That she's not hurting everybody who loves her. Even if it's just me! She's been going to a physiatrist for weeks! She doesn't want to be helped. I don't know what to do. Anakin, I don't know what to do."

"Padme, you'll figure it out. You always do. I love you so much. And your sister loves you too. She just needs to find someone to motivate her to get better. Everything will get better."

Padme sniffled and looked up at her husband, "You promise?"

"Promise."

Authors Note

Lou's personality is very sarcastic so in this chapter, she starts coming out of her shell more thanks to Peter (But it has been the only thing Peter has been able to do. She sees him as a good friend who she can trust. Lou still believes she doesn't need any help with the mental state though.) she still has that void of emptiness in her voice like she's not there emotionally. In case you were wondering.

Padme and Lou's age difference is three years. So right now Lou is 16 and Padme is 19. And at the beginning of the story, the Clone Wars has been going on for 3 months. As a reminder, the Clone Wars lasted three years.

So I want Anakin and Lou to have a close sibling like relationship. So that's why Lou knows about Padme and Anakin's relationship so quickly into the story. Padme also just wanted her sister to trust her so she would have told Lou in this chapter if she didn't already know.

Also, the love interest might pop up soon. And that is who will give her the motivation to get better (Padme does also help with that too though)