Chapter Eight: Kix

When Lou opened her eyes, she was blinded by the light in the infirmary

When Lou opened her eyes, she was blinded by the light in the infirmary. She then let out a groan and tried to sit up. Padme heard her and let out a cry of joy, her sister was fine at that moment.

"Lou I got you something to eat."

"I'm not hun-"

"Don't you even start there Louisa Amidala. You need to eat something. You haven't eaten in two days, except for a glass of water here or there."

Lou could hear the desperation in Padmes's voice. She just couldn't eat. She had everything under control.

"Lou, please." Padme was on the verge of tears seeing her like this, "We're leaving in an hour to go back to Coruscant. At least drink a glass of water before we go."

"Okay."

Padme was ecstatic hearing that her sister was cooperating with her, "I'll go get one for you." After saying that Padme left the med bay with a pep in her step. For her, this was a start. It might have been a glass of water, but to her, it was her sister trusting her.

~~~

Lou breathed out and looked around the med bay. It was basically empty except for this one clone in the corner. He had this fancy designed buzzcut and blue painted armor that included a medic sign.

"I'm guessing you heard all of that?"

Kix could barely hear what she said, but he understood what she asked. He nodded his head and looked at her in pity. She looked dead. She even sounded dead.

"Well, do you have a name? I don't really like calling you 'fancy buzz cut guy' it's super long."

Kix laughed at that and replied, "Kix."

Lou looked at him, she liked his name. "I like it. It's way better than Louisa that's for sure."

Kix was shocked that she didn't like her name, he thought it was a beautiful name. "Well, I like it."

"You do know you can come closer, right? We're having a conversation. I would like to actually hear you."

Kix hesitated, he had no idea how the senator would react to a clone talking with her sister. "If you're worried about Padme she'll probably get lost trying to get me that glass of water."

"How did you know I was worried about her?"

"It's kind of obvious. You're in that corner pretending to do something to distance yourself from me." Lou pauses and then adds  "Or, you're disgusted by me and the way I live my life."

"You're wrong I'm not disgusted by the way you live your life. I feel bad for you."

"Why do you feel bad for me? Nothing's wrong with me."

"You know something's wrong with you," Kix paused trying to find the right words to say next, "You feel horrible for the pain that you're putting your sister through but you can't stop. You're convinced you have everything under control but there is a small part of you that knows you want to get better."

Lou was silent. She had no idea what to say after he said that to her. Was he right? She knew he wasn't. He might have thought he was right, but to her, he was 1000% wrong.

Authors Note

Kix does have a slight crush on Lou (I don't care what you think. It's my story I can do what I want) Not entirely sure if he will be Lou's romantic interest (but you never know)

Also, I had Kix say that 'You know something's wrong with you' mini-speech because he is a medic, and I would not be surprised if he knows about mental health and the effects it has on people.

ALSO, this is the way I dealt with my depression and anxiety. People experience mental illnesses in different ways.

Kix will come back. I'm just not sure when.