01 new kid meets sleeping boy

"... Please take care of me!"

With those words and a quick smile, (L/N) (Y/N) sat down in her newly assigned seat. Unnoticed by her, her classmates were left stunned after her sudden appearance and short speech. By her beauty? Or maybe her voice, tinged with the cutest of accents? Perhaps it was simply her kind, polite stature. Well, whatever it was, the students of class 2-1 slowly recovered from the oh-so-sweet smile the new American transfer gave them, and class begun.

——————————————————

It was another normal day at Inarizaki High School. And it definitely wasn't any special for class 2-1... That was until their teacher announced a transfer student from America would be apart of their class.

She walked up to the front and introduced herself, politely requesting them to refer to her by first-name and excuse her for her limited knowledge of Japanese, even though she seemed perfectly fluent. The girl was all charm and smiles. And wow, she was really, really pretty.

——————————————————

(Y/N) glanced around the classroom, her eyes landing on the desk right next to her. Its owner's face was cushioned by his arms and only his dark brown hair was visible. She figured he was sleeping, and it didn't look like he'd get caught anytime soon.
Wonder what the dude looks like... With the slight anxiety of being presented to the whole class, (Y/N) did not have the chance to look or even address her seat-mates. Dropping the matter of the brown-haired boy, she continued to scan the classroom.

-short time-skip to lunch bell-
Why is no one waking him up..?

(Y/N) cautiously looked over at the sleeping boy. The bell signaling lunch had just rung, yet no one was bothering to inform him. Currently, she was being surrounded by a sea of students attacking her with questions.

"How do you speak Japanese so well if you're from America?" Well, I did study it back in America, though this Kansai dialect can be confusing as hell...

"Do you have a boyfriend?" No.

"Why did you move here all of a sudden?" Umm....

"Excuse me, sorry!" (Y/N) slides out of her seat with an apologetic smile and approaches her sleeping classmate, "shouldn't someone tell him it's lunchtime?" She gently shakes his arm, but fails to awake him.

"That ain't gonna work."

"Oh?" (Y/N) looks up to see a boy next to her. He was tall, sported a head of dyed grey hair with the exception of his undercut, and his sharp, just-as-grey eyes held a slightly amused look despite an otherwise serious demeanor. "...Then, are you gonna wake him up or-" She cuts herself short as the guy harshly pulls the brunette's hair back, taking his head with it, before releasing his hold and allowing brunette's face to embrace the hard wood of desk. Said boy snaps awake with wide eyes and a little yelp.

The scene is absolutely hilarious. (Y/N) can't help her laughter; it tumbles out like the water in a stream as her newly-awaken classmate dazedly looks around class. Snapping out of it, he abruptly turns his head towards the laughing girl and chuckling boy in front of his desk. Upon seeing the 'new kid' in class, his cheeks tinge the most minuscule amount of pink.

"W-what are you? A sadist?" he sputters out of impulse from pain and sleepiness, rubbing his sore face.

This makes the girl laugh even harder. Her seat-mate narrows his eyes, then addresses the grey-head.

"Osamu, what were you thinking."

"She wanted to wake you up," is this Osamu's response, looking at the person next to him.

"..Eh?"

"Oh, right! Just thought you might like to know it's lunchtime," (Y/N) pauses to grab her notes from her desk and slides it to the boy. "And also, you were sleeping, so I figured you might need these." While her two classmates just stare, she smiles, "Sorry for laughing, I promise I'm not a sadist!" paired with a mischievous grin that very much made her seem like a sadist.

"Ah.. thanks," Her seat-mate begins copying the notes immediately, no way is he going to let this chance go by.

"Hey, I'm actually really sorry if my laughing offended you," the boy looks up to see (Y/N) with an earnest smile on her face. Given no response except her seat-mate's piercing eyes, she speaks again, "...Well, I'm off, goodbye!"

By now, all the other students had filed out to their respective lunchtime hangouts. Slinging her bag over her shoulder, (Y/N) too walked out of the classroom.

Crap. I probably looked like a total fool.

The boy's very thoughts are confirmed by the snickering of a certain grey-haired friend.

"Oooh, ya left speechless, Suna? I definitely saw ya blushin'"

"Shut up."

It's not like I like her. Why would I? I just met her. Then why is it that when she spoke to me, I couldn't say a word? God, I probably seemed like such an asshole, calling her a sadist and all...

And it was true, he did not like her, no, not at all.

Simply put, what Osamu did was humiliating, he was still in a haze, and tired too. Who would be able to speak in such circumstances?

But being completely honest, he also found her a bit-

nah.