02 inarizaki's volleyball idiots

(Y/N)'s 2nd day at Inarizaki; lunchtime

Two boys exit their classroom and start towards the cafeteria. As they walk the halls, many pairs of eyes stare in awe. Girls squeal and drill holes into their retreating forms.

"Hey, is that a girl with them?" the brunette of the two asks once they reach their destination.

"What?"

Osamu and his friend look at the direction in which most of the Inarizaki boys volleyball club is seated. Sure enough, he can just faintly make out a girl's figure at their table, though he couldn't say he knew why.

The two boys sit down and are immediately greeted by an ever energetic, sandy-haired boy that goes by the name Ginjima Hitoshi.

"Hey Osamu, Suna! Have you met (Y/N)-chan yet?"

(Y/N)? The girl looks up from the textbook she was scanning and smiles upon seeing the two newcomers. "Oh, I know these two; they're from my class, Ginjima! So you guys are also on the volleyball team, huh," She pauses and turns towards the grey-head, "And you and Miya-san are twins?"

"Yep!" a blonde lookalike of Osamu replies for him, "And call me Atsumu, (Y/N)-chan! Two Miyas gets confusing."

(Y/N) nods and looks at the napping boy from yesterday, "I'm sorry, I don't know your name?"

The brunette eyes her with a lazy gaze, "Suna Rintarou."

"(L/N) (Y/N), but you might remember from class?" (Y/N) smiles, "Say, Suna-kun, do you still need my notes from yesterday?"

"Oh. No, I don't." In fact, Suna had conveniently stayed awake in class today. He reaches over and digs through his schoolbag.

"Man, ya really gotta clean out yer bag!" Atsumu snickers.

"Shut up." He finds (Y/N)'s notes and hands them over.

"Thank you!" She says before neatly packing the papers away.

"Ne, (L/N)-san, not to offend you, but, why are you sitting at our table?" Osamu asks.

"Oh, please feel free to call me (Y/N)! I'm a lot more comfortable with it. And I'm actually here to help Shin-kun study!"

"...SHIN-KUN!?" most of the volleyball team echoes.

"..Yes?"

"Wow, (Y/N)-chan! I knew you were helping Kita-san, but on first name basis? Damn..." Atsumu thinks out loud.

"...Is something wrong?" (Y/N) turns to her left where the boy of topic is seated. He stops reading the textbook in between them to face the team with his brown-eyed, indifferent stare.

"(Y/N) and I met at the library yesterday during lunch. She saw me studying my English notes and offered to help since it's her first language. She's awfully persistent, and even told me to call her by first name as they do in her home country, so I gave her permission as well."

"But, Shin-kun has more ring to it than Shinsuke-kun, you know?" the girl laughs before putting her hands up with wide eyes, "Ah, I don't mean any offense!"

"None taken."

The Inarizaki boys volleyball team watch incredulously as their captain and this new girl discuss whatever he needed to study for his test tomorrow. They watch as she mumbles incoherent things and makes gestures with her hands. They watch as she cracks a joke. And they watch as she makes their robot of a captain chuckle. Oh, what a beautiful thing.

But what truly intrigued them was this (L/N) (Y/N).

There was no doubt that she was an extremely good-looking and charismatic individual, but who really was she? To join this school out of nowhere with no explanation other than that she was from America? To achieve first name basis with Kita, Kita of all people, within a single day of meeting? To talk, smile, and make conversation so effortlessly with everyone?

It felt like she fit right in,

like she was born to brighten the lives of countless people.