08 a friendly family

thank you guys so much for 100 reads <3

end of (Y/N)'s 6th day at Inarizaki

(Y/N) was walking home after another day at school. She hummed silently to herself; she could get used to this. (Y/N) had met even more friends in the span of a single day—going as far to eating lunch with them along with the two pretty best friends, much to Atsumu's dismay—and her grades so far were excellent.

While lost in thought, (Y/N) came upon a girl sitting awkwardly on the sidewalk. She's bleeding. (Y/N) immediately crouched down to her level, checking the wounds on her knee and hands.

"Hey, are you okay?"

The girl shook her head. "No, not really..."

"What happened?"

"Tripped."

"Hm.. there's not much I can do for you right now." (Y/N) gently touches her shoulder, "Can you stand? Is your house close by?"

Nodding, the girl gets on her feet with (Y/N)'s support, "It's not too far from here."

"What's your name?"

"You can just call me Reina."

"Okay Reina-chan! I'm (Y/N). I'll help you get home, if that's okay with you." Reina nods, it was obvious that the older girl held zero malicious intent. "Lead the way!"

Reina and (Y/N) start towards her house, (Y/N) hovering around her in case she lost balance. She glances at the limping girl beside her. Reina had sharp, light eyes and medium-long, dark hair. Despite the pain she was in, she was a pretty nice, if not a bit shy, conversationalist.

"Say, Reina-chan, what age are you?"

"Thirteen."

"Ah, I have a sister that age!"

"Really?" Reina tilted her head, "I bet you're a very nice sister."

(Y/N) laughs, "Sadly, nope! I really admire people that get along with their siblings though... How about you, do you have one?"

"Mhm, I do."

(Y/N) didn't press on the topic and continued to chit-chat. Soon enough, the two had reached Reina's house.

The injured girl turns to (Y/N) and gives her a small smile, "Thank you (Y/N)-neesan!"

(Y/N) beams, "Of course! Here, I'll ring the doorbell. Don't touch anything with your hands until you clean all the blood."

The door opens and a woman who could only be the girl's mother immediately rushes over to Reina.

"Reina! Thank goodness, you're okay! Do you know how worried I was!?" She takes account of the wounds on her daughter, "Are you hurt? Honey, what did I tell you about being careful!" She hugs her before turning to (Y/N).

"Mom, this is (Y/N)-neesan. She helped me when I fell and walked me to our house." Reina explains.

"Oh, thank you so much! I got so worried when Reina wasn't returning home. Tsk, that girl always gets herself into trouble... Please, come in for some tea!"

"Oh, it's really okay ma'am! I just did what anyone else would do."

"Nonsense! I insist. Please, come in!"

(Y/N) looks over at Reina who sends her an apologetic smile.

"Alright, thank you so much ma'am! Reina, I'll help you with your injuries, okay?"

"How sweet!" the woman awes, "And please, call me Kiriko!"

Kiriko rushes (Y/N) inside, before heading to the kitchen to prepare tea. (Y/N) allows Reina to lead her to the bathroom, where she finds a first-aid kit in one of the cabinets. She orders her to rinse the cuts before applying medicine and bandaging them. By the time the two girls walk out of the restroom, Reina's mother had prepared tea and a plate of cookies. (Y/N) sat down while continued to Kiriko pepper her with thanks and scold her daughter.

"(Y/N)-chan! You're from Inarizaki, correct?" the mother suddenly asks.

"Oh, um, yes! How'd you know?"

"Your uniform, honey!" Before (Y/N) even had the chance to question in her head how she knew what Inarizaki's uniform looked like, Kiriko had moved on from topic to topic. (Y/N) got along excellently with Kiriko, and Kiriko definitely took a liking to (Y/N). As a result, the girl stayed a bit longer than she had originally intended.

"Mommm, you're exhausting her." Reina groans, "Plus, it's getting late already."

The thirteen-year-old had not said this because she didn't enjoy (Y/N)'s company. In fact, it was the very opposite. (Y/N) was an extremely likable person, but she was afraid her mother's antics would scare her away.

Kiriko claps her hands. "You're right! The sun will be setting soon. Sorry for keeping you so long!"

(Y/N) grins, "No! I had fun. If anything, I'm sorry for intruding!" She stands up and bows slightly, "Well, I'll be taking my leave then."

"No, no! That is way too dangerous for a young lady like you! It's getting dark."

Before (Y/N) could object, Kiriko takes ahold of her arm.

"My son should be home from his practice any minute now, he'll walk you home! Please (Y/N)-chan, it's too dangerous!"

As if on cue, the three hear the sound of the front door opening.

"Oh, there he is now!"

Kiriko takes (Y/N) by the arm to the door. (Y/N) puts a smile on her face and looks up to greet Reina's brother.

"Suna?"

"...Chibi?"