05 and again at the library

next day; lunchtime

(Y/N) stayed in her seat for quite a bit after the bell rang. She didn't know if she was welcome to sit next to Imura and Omumi again, and though they probably wouldn't mind, she didn't want to be annoying. She glanced over the classroom. Throughout her past three days at school, she had taken the liberty to become mutuals with most of her class. But would they want to spend lunch with me? Ugh, this is so annoying. (Y/N) grabs her bag and rushes out the classroom, deciding to go to the school library.

She found it a pleasant place. Thinking back, she really never liked the library as a child, or more specifically, the concept of borrowing books and returning them. She was too lazy to keep up with the maintenance of items that weren't hers and to keep find time to bring them back. This resulted in a lot of emails from her hometown's public library, whenever she did happen to check out a novel. (Y/N) chuckles fondly at the memories. Because growing up has matured her quite a bit. She kind of liked the feeling of going to the library now, a serene calm and a wide selection of knowledge. Well, at least that's what she told herself as she trudged to the place. Why couldn't she just find herself a solid group of friends? Things would be so much easier... Or maybe I did make friends who are waiting for me, and I'm blowing them off? Damn it, what is the right thing to do? Cursing her habit of overthinking, she makes it to the entrance of the school library and situates herself behind one of the shelves. She searches for the book she wants, one about Japanese culture she eyed a few days ago, and finds it. Unfortunately, the rather thick book was wedged inside the tiny space between the tops of the rest of the books and the top of the shelf. Why won't this come out? To make matter worse, it was on the highest shelf, nothing (Y/N) couldn't reach, just extremely annoying.

Suddenly, an arm blocks her view and a hand pries the book from where it was stuck. She startles as it is placed right under her nose.

"Tha— Suna-kun!?" God, this feels like deja-vu. She stares at the boy with disbelieving eyes in silence for a few moments.

"Didn't I say just Suna was fine?" Once again, all she can do is stare, before blinking out of her trance.

"Yessir!" she laughs.

Suna gets slightly taken aback by her response. 'Yessir'? Isn't that..?

"Oi, Suna! Guys, he's over here! We found ya, now stop hiding from us!" Suna and (Y/N) turn towards the voice.

"(Y/N)-chan!?" Atsumu exclaims.

"Atsumu, we're at the library," Kita walks over with Osamu following closely behind, "Hi (Y/N), why aren't you with your friends?"

"Hi Shin-kun! I was just trying to study a little today."

"Oh, so you're also studying for your test?" Atsumu inquires.

"...Test? What test?"

"Ya know, the one you, 'Samu, and Suna have tomorrow, I think? That's why we're here, these idiots procrastinated 'til the last day to study and need our help."

"Shut yer tra-"

"We have a test?" By now, (Y/N) had a noticeable panic in her eyes and voice.

"Yeah," Osamu confirms.

"Crap."

"Hey, why don't ya just join us?" Atsumu asks.

"It's fine, I really don't wanna be a bother and-"

"Well, yer comin' with us anyway!" The blonde Miya grabs (Y/N) by the arm in a grip she cannot escape. Well, that escalated quickly. Reluctantly, the girl follows the boys to where the rest of their teammates are, bringing the book with her.

"Okay, let's get started." Kita opens up a textbook. He begins to ask a question to the three 2-1 class students. Osamu and Suna cough up completely ridiculous sentences, but when he gets to (Y/N), he is met with a perfect answer. This goes on for quite a while; the two boys look entirely lost while (Y/N) doesn't even drop a sweat.

"(Y/N), are you sure you didn't study for this?" Kita asks.

"Mhm, I'm sure."

"..Why are you in class 2-1?" The volleyball team sweat-drops and collectively think, Wow, blunt as ever.

But (Y/N) doesn't seem to mind what others would consider a rude question.

"I'm actually supposed to be in college preparatory, but because of my language barrier, I was placed in 2-1 instead. That way, I can focus more on adjusting to Japan instead of school, y'know?"

"I see." Kita and the team then notice (Y/N) was engulfed in a separate book this entire time. Basics of Japanese Culture the title reads; so that's what she came to study. Kita can't help but admire the lengths she'd go to respect his country.

Suna and Osamu continue to 'work', while (Y/N) laughs at their attempts in between reading her book. She notices how the closely woven the team seems to be. They really all came here just to help two of their boys study for a test?

Kinda reminds me of a family.

heyyy the story is going SUPER SLOW ikik, i promise things get fun soon

i just don't wanna rush anything so please be patient with me😀