04 we meet at the convenience store

(Y/N) is the first to walk out when class is released, looking forward to a nice afternoon of rest. School is finally over for the day. She exits the building and inhales the fresh outside air, eager to leave.

The walk home is quiet.

She is accompanied by nothing but silence and her own intrusive thoughts. Inarizaki has treated her well so far. Her life was going just fine and everything was going to be okay...right? And yet, she still felt so lost, obviously misplaced. Hung up on the past she left back in America. But who was she to linger there? Like she has for the past five years, she tells herself:

Other people have it worse than you. You are in no place to complain. You're being selfish (Y/N).

Cursing herself the rest of the way, the girl reaches her house and hurries to unlock the door. She enters the small, one-story and more-or-less runs into her room to change before collapsing on the mattress. Letting out a sigh, she curls under the blankets and drowns under the weight of her own mind.

It was already nearing 7:00. (Y/N) just couldn't seem to fall asleep and by now, had completed all her homework as a measly attempt to escape her thoughts. She figured it was time for dinner. Grabbing an oversized zip-up hoodie, her keys, and some cash, she walks out of her house and to the nearest convenience store to grab some ramen to eat for the night.

"Ugh," (Y/N) groans as her fingertips just barely touch the box of ramen she wants, Why is it up so high? She attempts to jump for the food, but fails to retrieve it as she cracks her knuckles in frustration. The girl is staring at the ramen purely out of spite, when she hears a chuckle coming from behind her. Before she can even turn around, someone sidles up next to her and puts the box of ramen inside the shopping basket she had placed on the floor.

"Thank you so much!" (Y/N) bows her head slightly and looks up to see her savior, "Suna-kun!?"

"You looked pretty funny trying to get that you know."

"Oi!"

"Chibi-chan~"

"I'm actually pretty tall for my age, thank you very much."

"Sure."

"Oh my god, do you like getting on people's nerves or something?" (Y/N) laughs at the boy.

"Says the sadist." His response is met with more laughter.

"I'm sorry! It just- it looked so funny I couldn't help it!" she smiles teasingly, "Please don't hate me!"

"I don't," the boy replied with a small, sneaky grin of his own.

"...Well, thank you for the help, Suna!- I mean, Suna-kun!" (Y/N) walks away. She gets herself two packs of strawberry milk and heads to the snack aisle to treat herself some more, only to be met by a certain classmate.

He glances at her from where he's standing. "Oh, hey. We meet again."

"Hi, Suna-kun." She walks over next to him and begins scanning the packaged goods.

"...If you want, you can drop the formalities."

"Hm?"

"It's probably more comfortable with you." He had noticed the day before that she used the honorific, "kun", mostly out of respect, and obviously felt foreign doing so. The more extroverted boys like Atsumu, Ginjima, and Akagi were already free of the title.

"Uh, yeah, thanks!" she tries the name on her tongue, "Suna. You got a pretty name you know."

"...Thanks." (Y/N) looks sideways to see the tall boy already staring back, as if analyzing her. She tilts her head and looks away to try and reach some strawberry Pocky that was wedged up way too high for her liking. What is with this store's damn aisles? A hand grabs the snack and like a mere minutes before, places it inside her shopping basket.

"Thank you! Again."

Suna nods in response and asks, "You like strawberry flavored things?"

(Y/N) looks down at her items and shrugs, "I guess I do."

"...Well, thank you for the help. Have a nice rest of your day, Suna!" She seemed to quite enjoy saying his name. Sending a small wave, she begins to walk away.

"Bye, Chibi-chan."

The girl looks back, and for a moment that seems to stretch in time, her gaze meets his mischievous, green-hazel eyes. She sticks out her tongue and retorts, "I have a name, you know!"

"(L/N) (Y/N). And it'd be best if you remember it, Suna!"