✓ | ᶜʰᵉᵉᵏ

"thanks for coming to the e-class, y/n-chan

and happy birthday."

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

"hey dad." y/n greeted. "as you know, i was dropped in the e-class, and of course, mom got really mad, but she's trying her best to support me. like always, she's overworking herself, staying for late-night shifts and all, but i'm really thankful to her y'know." she recalled a memory of her mother getting a nice and expensive sketchbook for her a few days ago for her hard work on her exams.

"mom was never really someone to bother with grades, so she's trying her best to cheer me up and help me out. i'm really glad to be her daughter..." she picked out a small wrapped-up box from her large pocket. "she left it this morning on the table, a note saying that she couldn't make it today for my birthday. i don't mind though!"

"after all, a celebration doesn't mark your age! the day does!!" she happily beamed, a big smile on her face.

"oh, and dad, it's been almost 6 months since our alien teacher came to our class." she sat down comfortably. "i can't be much of a help since i'm not good at assassination, but i really hope i can grow stronger and help them all. i hate being useless to my classmates..."

out of nowhere, a small tear ran down her cheek. just like how i was useless in saving you... she wiped her tear away and met her sight. "i hope you're doing good up there, dad."

here lies tachibana l/n,
in memory of saving a hundred
passengers from a train crash.
1989 - 2012

as she placed down a few flowers on the grave and clapped her hands, and after praying for a good life for her father in his next life, she got up and exited the graveyard. 

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

y/n happily looked through the line of different types of strawberry cakes, wanting to eat all of them. although she knew she was going to spend her birthday alone, she wouldn't hold back on the cake. she was going to buy a large one, and she was going to eat it all by herself.

"hm, y/n-chan?" she turned around to meet her gaze with that of her crush's. as always, she blushed a pink hue on her cheeks. 

"k-karma-kun!" ever since their talk in the cave on the island, and him confessing of wanting to be stronger than nagisa, y/n had referred to him as his first name as he requested since he doesn't like last name formalities. "what're you doing here?" 

karma shrugged as he stood next to her and bent down, placing a finger on his chin. "hm, just looking for something sweet. what about you?" y/n bit her lower lip, not wanting the red-haired boy to know about her birthday. she never liked attention, in any way.

"j-just out on a walk. i got hungry and stopped by here." she lied, instantly feeling guilty as she puffed her cheeks, a habit of hers whenever she lied. karma caught sight of her face turning away, instantly becoming curious.