EPILOGUE

MANY PEOPLE ASKED HOW IT WAS LIKE BEING THE WIFE OF A BUREAUCRAT, especially when he attended nightshifts and pulled all-nighters, but y/n akabane would simply reply with a good "it's enjoyable, and i fully support him." 

sure, there were times karma would rush around the house and ask his wife where his newly bought tie was, or how he would often forget to brush his hair and think it was useless, but even then, y/n patiently brushed his hair every morning and tied his necktie for him.

she would even stay up with her husband all night and watch him do his work, despite his complaints on how he couldn't focus because "my lovely wife is beside me, awake, just because of me," but y/n would insist, going to the point they both had fallen asleep on the desk.

there were times when they would get in fights, although it was mostly about karma's health of pulling all-nighters, but the redhead would simply apologize and cuddle the night away, forgetting the fight had even happened in the first place. 

y/n also hated how vulnerable she would be, but even after 2 years of marriage, she would always blush over the smallest actions her husband would do for her, may it be a kiss or a bite. the redhead, however, would enjoy teasing the girl even after marriage and would kiss her every morning, and he even made a personal rule that if he had kissed the girl first thing in the aurora, and if she would blush, his day would be full of good fortune. 

the first few days after their wedding were the toughest, not because of them moving in and living together despite spending their high school and college years together in the same dorm room, but because y/n didn't know what she should do after that.

yes, she did not know how life was given.

it took 2 weeks of lessons from kayano and her female friends from class 3-e to explain everything to her, and after knowing the true nature of humans, she wasn't able to look karma in the eye for about a month.

═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════

"kaono, don't play with that! and kaito, you are to not touch that!!" y/n scolded as she lightly chopped the two children's heads, who looked down as an apology.

"I'm sowwy mama. but kayeto was puwwing my hawer!" (I'm sorry mama, but kaito was pulling my hair!!). the older sibling complained, fixing her pajamas and clutching her purple shirt. y/n let out an exasperated breath and ruffled her daughter's hair.

"it's alright kaono. just don't hurt your little brother, as a responsibility as the older sibling, you have to protect your little brother, alright?"

"yesh mama..." 

"good girl. now off to bed, you have your sports day tomorrow, don't you?" the redhead, a splitting image of karma but in a female version, nodded and strolled back to her bedroom, dragging her teddy bear with her, while kaito had already sneaked back into his room before he could be scolded.

an exasperated breath escaped y/n's lips as she sat down on the couch and opened up her "koro-sensei's rules to live by", a yearbook given to her by her octopus of a teacher. she had been reading this book ever since college, and she couldn't even finish half of the book yet.

a common routine for her to do when she waited all night long, waiting for her husband to come home. she calmly sipped on some hot cocoa with her book in her lap, until hours had passed and it was already past midnight, it was then that she heard the front door creak open.

knowing who it was, she bookmarked her page and turned over her shoulder, whispering. "welcome home." karma noticed her sitting by the couch and made his way over to her, leaning over the couch.