Flashback | (y/n)'s Past | Part 2

~ POV Gojo Satoru Eight Years Old~

She gazes straight into my eyes. What is wrong with this girl? She's so... weird. My senses focus on chilling temperature of her hands. I sense faint darkness to her aura. In my refined vision I see small - very very small - specks of black smoke or dust, is it?...rising from her silhouette and the rims of her hair. Perhaps, its cursed energy? A faint smell of cursed spirits. 

 I have no idea who she is but I feel oddly mesmerized by her presence. She's silent. Looking down at her feet. I take it as a chance to stare into her features. Slowly she gazes into my eyes - its more loving... then I'd say creepy. A flawless face and deep beautiful (color) eyes. Her lips are curved in a shy smile. She tilts her head as my gaze goes up and down her figure. I feel heat rush to my cheeks. 

"I'm Satoru." I quickly breath out and decide to introduce myself. I really don't know why I'm embarrassed. "What's your name?"

"My name is (y/n)." she replies in a polite, quiet voice and then bows slightly towards me. Her voice is so soft and toneless.

She proceeds to walk away but I stop her. More like I grab her hand and pull her towards me and further away from the commotion of rotten adults and elders in the hall. She's kind of interesting. 

"Come here. I'll show you something." I say.

She seems hesitant. Her feet are glued to the ground.

"You okay?" I ask. She just nods her head, but there is a skeptical haze in her eyes. She grips the hems of her kimono firmly.

"Where are we going?" She whispers.

"You'll see! Follow me." I say again, but now she looks even more concerned and sad. Tonight, there will be fireflies. My favorite sight. Maybe she'll be happier if she sees something pretty. 

"I'm not allowed to." she says, her voice a void of emotions. I freeze and look into her eyes. They speak the truth.

"Wha-" Confusion overwhelms me. "Why?" Never has any kid refused to play with me. Right, she probably doesn't know me but still. I feel frustrated. 

"I-" she stammers, but nothing comes out. After a short pause. "I'm not allowed to." she says again.

I feel anger, boiling up like a kettle. I would expect something more, respectful.This family meeting is  basically an opportunity for the lower families to honor my household and lick our the soles of our shoes. 

Either this girl really doesn't know who I am, or she's deliberately trying to piss me off. At the same time I kind of like it. No fake smiles. Now, I genuinely want her to be my friend.

I grab her hand. She flinches. I feel a pang of guilt. 

"Come." I tell her. Slowly, very slowly, she shuffles her feet. I keep on tugging at her hand because she stops every few seconds. Her pretty face is has taken on a light pink shade, and she looks flustered at my forcefulness. 

We both climb up and over the wooden bridge towards through the forest of the garden of my mansion and then silently tip-toe against the walls, down towards my secret spot at the creek. It is hidden by lush greenery - a neglected sector of the garden - the most naturally structured. The most beautiful in my opinion.

"What's your name?" I ask her. "(y/n)" she says quietly. Her voice is so soft and melodic. A stark contrast to the sharp shrieking of agitated elders and the ugly chirping of young girls my age. 

"Pretty name." I tell her, simply copying the meaningless praise my father peppers on young girls that arrive with their greedy fathers to become my fiancé. I thought I'd say it just because she looks so sad. Then I see it.