Chapter 6 | Defeat

~Sukuna POV Continued~

"Now, now. May I ask-" she turns around to look at me. Dark purple piercing eyes and pale skin like soft snow. A flame flickers in her gaze. It's the first time I see her full face, I drool inside my mouth. "Who are you?" she says.

An evil smile dances on her crimson lips mockingly.

"You are a curse, are you not?" I ask her.

"I am, indeed." She licks the blood off her hand in one clean, continuous move. I follow her tongue with my gaze. It's beautifully... black.

Alas, now I want her. Who would refuse me? My new toy. I crave. I desire. I feel hands in my throat, clawing out towards her in hunger. I want her sprawled, vulnerable, submissive  in front of me as I hunch over her. Her skin, her curves, her lips, and every strand of her silky black hair to be mine. And mine only.

"Then you shall be my wife." I say nonchalantly, crossing my arms and lifting my chin.

"AHAHAHAH" she bursts out into laughter, clutching her stomach and swaying back and forth.  She then stops and then smirks at me, her grin growing, stretching across her face. A wicked expression is now plastered on her face.

"You... are a truly amusing... male... Have you lost your brain?"

"Do you dare speak like so to the King of Curses?" I challenge her. But something irks me.

"Oho~? King of Curses you say? How so? You just seem like an arrogant little excuse of a curse to me. Where is your little crown love~?"

Normally any curse, any human, any living creature would have their forehead buried in the dirt in my presence. This woman... is mocking me.

"Well you lack, general social knowledge sweetheart. I am, the Ryomen Sukuna." I say again, this time saying my own dreaded name. Waiting for realization to cross her face. But it doesn't. She merely tilts her head to the side.

"I'm afraid I have no idea who you are." She shakes her head and shrugs her shoulders in disappointment.

Not only do I feel like a total idiot, I sense a foreign emotion. Dull and raw. A crude nervousness gnaws at my veins. This woman emits a menacing aura, so large, so evil, so eerie, as if I have hands against clutching my throat, sucking the oxygen out of my lungs (which I honestly do not need to live but nonetheless). But why my chest seems to squeeze into itself. I feel my pulse increase it's rhythm.

Yet again, my senses as a former sorcerer stinging. The pungent scent of murderous intent. And I smell, the fragrance of dried blood wafting in the air.

How... dare this lowly woman go up against me. I will put her in her place.

"Then I will make you." A wicked smile now dances on my own face as I feel pleasure in looking at her expression that twists in distaste. One flick of my hand and the alleyway perishes. The surrounding buildings crumble and the wooden towers burst into flames, I hear screams of terror.

"f-FIRE! FIRE! SOMEBODY HELP!!!"

"no....mY SON is still in there..."

"SOMEBODY GET THE WATER!!!"

Shrieks of pain. Wails of distress. The piercing cry of loss. I bask in the pleasure of mortals suffering. For I have long forgotten the sweet taste of death. I am a natural disaster. I am THE calamity to mankind.

I gaze at my work, eyes towards the heavens. Black smoke fades into the grey hazy sky. I turn to look at her, but she's no longer looking at me.

Instead I see... no, I hear a crunch.