Chapter 5 | The One

Flashback to the beginning of the Edo Period (1603-1868)

"Su-Sukuna-sama" The terrified owner of a famous brothel in the Red-Light District bows down on the glossy wooden floor in submission. Sukuna scowls at the shameful sight.

Dropping himself onto the luxurious cushion, he crosses his legs in boredom.

"So? Who's going to please me today." A low growl escapes his throat.

The old man slowly rises up and exits the room. He quickly returns with five women, equally as beautiful with erotic bodies, their kimono's hugging their curves. Golden hair accessories littered their heads and glittered in the dimly lit room as each of them bowed down in submission. All of them were shivering.

Sukuna grinned as he scanned their quivering lips, wetting his own.

"Which one?" He asks again in a sadistic tone.

The owner hastily replies, "any- any one of them sir."

"Hmm..." The prostitutes exchanged worried glances with one another in fear.

Sukuna stands up, and walks towards the bowing females. Then he crouches to inspect each one of them. Slowly, he caresses their necks, loosens the kimono around their breasts, touching, pushing, judging. He stops at one of the girls, and grabs her by the chin and forces her to look at him. She doesn't break eye contact with him. Must be a feisty one. "Hahah!" a savage laugh.

"This one." he says, and then pulls her forward by the jaw with brute force. She yelps in fear. The other women slouch in relief.

Then he grabs the woman by the arm, pulling her up into his strong arms. He buries his face into the crook of her neck. "Let's see how long you last." A low, husky whisper directly into her ear. She squirms in terror, tears streaming down her eyes. She knows what this monster of a man could do. No prostitute made it out of the private room with him.

"Do not disturb me. That is an order." Sukuna flicks a hand at the rest of the people in the room.

"p l  e a s e.." the woman, who now looked like a tiny girl whispered. One last time she reached out her hand towards the other women, the owner shut his eyes and looked away in guilt.

Sukuna ignored her pleas. He threw her mercilessly into the room and slammed the intricate sliding door behind him.

Nothing could be heard in that room for the rest of the night. The next morning as one of the female servants delivered breakfast to the room with shaky hands, she fainted when she saw blooding seeping out from the slits between the doors making a puddle at the entrance.

The items in the room where scattered and broken. There was blood. Blood everywhere. There was no sign of the central mattress prepared for them, except the remains of the crimson stained inside cushioning  sprawled in different corner of the huge room. The window was shattered open, and there was no sign of the poor woman who accompanied him the night before.

-

-

-

~POV Sukuna~

How utterly boring.

I throw the hairpin into the river after examining it one last time. The toy from last night gave up after only ten shots of sex. She stopped crying, stopped screaming. So I decided to test how much she would last if I tortured her. She completely lost consciousness after I whipped her a few times, and died when I accidentally snapped her neck.

I sigh.

Then I hear it. Commotion. I leave the riverside and return to the chaos of the city.

"Please!" a woman cries. "Please! I'll do anything. Please, I have four children. I cannot afford to lose this job. Please sir!"

"Shut your trap you whore!!" The booming voice of a man. He shouts as he throws his shoe at the woman. "A useless maid like you should get lost!"

A circle of people has formed around the woman now sprawled on the ground. Some look at her in pity, other smirking, some pass by without even looking at her. I gaze at her from afar. She might just be my next toy.

Just as I'm about to step forward, a woman with straight and long dark hair, black as pitch passes by my side. Oh? I feel the other men swoon at the sight of her as she enters the center of attention.

The woman is wearing a plain, but pretty white kimono with golden designs. A red inner kimono rims around the neck and sleeves. "Are you alright?" she asks in a dreamy voice. I can see the hope in the woman's eyes as she looks at the goddess.

"I-..I only wanted to protect the lady from the master.. he- he raped me... and now he's kicking me out..." the woman sobs uncontrollably.

In a quick action only noticeable to me, the pretty one slides a sac of coins into the other woman's sleeve. Then keeping eye contact with her, puts one finger to her lips and then pushes her away into the crowd.

The pretty one is left with the ugly owner of the grand house that kicked out the woman.

"What' ya'll looking at, get lost." The man booms at the crowd which immediately disbands.

"And, what are you looking at." He glares at the pretty one. I stand in place and watch, killing my aura.

In breakneck speed, she has her grip on the mans face. Nobody seems to notice this. The man struggles, grabbing onto the arm that clutches his face, and yelps in fear. "he-HELp" he yells. No one stops. No one... SEES.

Goosebumps run down my spine at the sight. She's not... human.

Not taking her hand off his face, she yanks him to his knees and increases the strength of her grip. The man is crying now. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry.." he wails.

With no mercy, she drags him. He is kicking and screaming, but no one sees him. No one notices.

As she approaches a dark alley, she turns into it, dragging the man along with her.

I follow, a grin plastered on my face. What would she do??

The moment she reached the end of the alleyway she asked the man: "Any last words?"

"Please..." said. "Please!! I have two children and a wife..." he is bawling his eyes out. Disgusting.

"I'm sure your wife would be happier with you gone." she says with an emotionless smile.

Then she crushes his face and her fingers bore into his skull. Liquid brain gushes out of the corpse.

"Now, now. May I ask-" she turns around to look at me. Absolutely beautiful, with dark purple piercing eyes. The first time I see her full face. "Who are you?"

And that's how I met the love of my life.