Chapter 1

Disclaimer- I din't own any of these characters or places. They are all created by the wonderful Shannon Messenger.
A/N: Hey guys. This is my first story, so it's not going to be good. But, to the very few-if any who will read this, thanks. Also, I know Sophie stopped looking for her bio father, but let's pretend she didn't.

Sophie glittered in front of the Councillor's towers. She took a deep breath. She walked towards the pink one, the one she wanted to avoid at all costs. She stopped in front of the tower, not ready to go inside.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sandor asked from behind her.

"I have to." Sophie replied. She walked towards Oralie's tower and opened the door. She saw Oralie sitting down on a pink chair looking pained.

"Are you positive about this?" Oralie asked.

"Yes." Sophie replied, her stomach twisting and turning. "I need to know." She stretched out her consciousness and shoved her way into Oralie's mind.
As she pushed her way to the deepest part of Oralie's mind, she saw glimpses of memories, some of which came with emotions attached. She saw many of Kenric, many of which he had his head thrown back laughing. One of them he had the biggest grin on his face and his arm was wrapped around Bronte. Bronte, as usual, was scowling at Kenric. All of these memories had feelings attached to them, bits of joy, and mostly adoration and love.

You really did love him. Sophie transmitted to Oralie.

I did. thought Oralie. The thought came mixed with pain and sorrow.

Stay on topic. Sophie thought to herself. She pushed away from the memories and shoved farther into Oralie's mind.

Once she thought she was far enough, she stopped. She readied herself as she transmitted BLACK SWAN into Oralie's mind. Memories came rushing at her. She searched through them all, but they were all memories of tribunals. Prentice's tribunals and Sophie's, but none of that was helpful.
Sophie tried again. Project Moonlark she transmitted. This time only a few memories came up. One was of Oralie meeting up with who looked like Mr. Forkle.

That was when he convinced me to help him. Oralie thought.

Sophie skipped over that one, reminding herself to check it out later. The next one was a  meeting with the Councillors and Alden Vacker.

That was when Alden told us what he knew about Project Moonlark. Oralie explained.

"I think I got that." Sophie snapped. Oralie looked hurt, but Sophie was frustrated. They weren't getting anywhere.

She looked at the last memory. It was a little scratched up, so she knew it had been tampered with. She shoved some mental energy at it, adding in a brain push. It cleared up enough to where she could watch properly. It was of Oralie and Mr. Forkle at the Black Swan's cave hideout. Past Oralie was cloaked, as was a man across from her.

Her biological father.

She kept watching. Mr. Forkle and past Oralie were taking, but the noise was jumbled. She pieced together what they were saying.

"This memory will have to be erased." Mr. Forkle said. "Neither of you will remember where this happened, or who the other is."

"So, can we take our hoods off since we won't remember this?" The man asked, his voice sounding strangely familiar.

"Yes, I suppose you can." Mr. Forkle sighed.

Sophie was trying to place the man's voice, and past Oralie figured it out a second before she did.

Past Oralie's mind was rushing with the realization as the man pulled down his hood to reveal a painfully familiar face.