Chapter 2

A/N: If you actually read this far, thank you!

Councillor Kenric was staring in shock at past Oralie, as she too had pulled down her hood.

"Oralie?!"

"Kenric?!"

"What are you doing here?!" Kenric finally asked.
"Same as you, I suppose." Past Oralie replied. She had said more, but Sophie didn't listen. She disconnected her mind from Oralie's and jumped up. Oralie had her head in her hands and was on the verge of tears. Sophie ignored Oralie and ran towards the door, and Sandor immediately followed.

"Miss Foster, what's wrong?" Sandor asked, stepping in front of Sophie.

"Nothing, just let me go." Sophie replied. She needed to go to the one place she could be safe. The only place she could truly be herself. Keefe.

"I go where you-" Sandor started.

"I know, you're coming too. Just be ready to put up with Ro." Sophie replied. Sandor huffed, but grabbed Sophie's outstretched hand. The last thing Sophie saw as she light leaped away was Oralie sobbing, her arms wrapped around herself.
       ~~~~~~~~§~~~~~~~~
Sophie glittered in front of the Shores of Solace. She ran up to the door and knocked loudly. She did not feel well, and she was almost crying. The front door finally opened, and Lord Cassius stood there.

"Yes?" He asked, not seeming to care about Sophie's physical state of disarray.

Sophie pushed past him, completely ignoring him. She ran to Keefe's room and knocked lightly on the door.

"Look dad, for the last time, leave me alone." Keefe opened the door. "Foster? What are you doing here? What's wrong?"

Sophie didn't speak, afraid that if she opened her mouth she would cry.

"Here, let's go outside and you can tell me everything." Keefe led Sophie out to the swings, sat her down, and then sat down next to her.

"Okay, time for Blondie to tell us what's wrong." Ro said from the doorway. She walked to one of the swings and sat down.

"Sophie?" Keefe said gently, brushing a piece of hair out of her face. "We need you to tell us what's wrong."

Sophie took a deep breath. "I went to go meet with Councillor Oralie." She told them what happened there, stopping just before the part about Kenric. "And when the man pulled his hood down, it was-" The word got caught in her throat. "The man was Kenric."

Ro and Keefe inhaled sharply. "Kenric? Does that mean..." Keefe trailed off.

"He's my biological father." Sophie said, not wanting to believe the words she said.

"Foster..." Keefe pulled her gloves off and sent a cooling breeze through her mind. Sophie leaned against Keefe, not wanting to talk much.

"Thank you." was all Sophie could say.

Ro looked like she wanted to say something, but she just stared at Keefe suggestively.

"Oh, also, Sandor?" Sophie called, sitting up.

"Yes?" He stuck his head through the doorway.

"What has been said can never be repeated."

"Yes Miss Foster."

Sophie leaned back against Keefe.

Ro looked at Keefe again. He sighed. "Now? Of all times, now?"

"Why not?" Ro replied. "You never know. Actually, I do know. It will help. Trust me."

"Nothing good came from the last time I trusted you." Keefe replied.

"Fine. I'm tired of this. Tell her, or I will." Ro said.

"Tell me what?" Sophie asked, completely confused.

"One minute." Ro said.

"Fine." Keefe relented. "For the record, I officially hate you." He turned to Sophie, a pained expression on his face. "Foster, there's something I have to tell you."