Chapter 7

"Foster, I need a break." Keefe grumbled. He was laying on Sophie's bed, his head dangling off the edge.

"From what, Keefe?" Sophie asked. She was sitting on the bed next to him.

"Life."

"Ah."

"Can you take us somewhere?" He asked, sitting up.

"Like where?" Sophie replied.

"I don't know. Maybe somewhere in the Forbidden Cities?" He asked, sounding increasingly excited.

"Keefe, you know I can't. It's against the rules."

"Since when has that ever stopped you?" He argued.

Sophie thought about it. He had a fair point. "Okay, fine." She relented. "But you have to do everything I say."

"Deal!" Keefe jumped off the bed and ran out the door. Sophie got off the bed, smiled and shook her head, and ran after him.
                                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They stood at the cliffs, preparing to jump. "Ready?" Sophie asked Keefe.

"I always am." He replied, grabbing Sophie's hand. "Wait!"

"What is it?" Sophie asked, wondering what he could possibly have forgotten.

"Something's not right. Where's Gigantor?" Keefe said, looking around.

"Here."

They spun around to see Sandor standing behind them, not looking very happy. "An where do you think you are going?"

"Relax Gigantor. We're just going on a short trip." Keefe said.

"Where to?" Sandor asked.
"A beach in the Forbidden Cities." Sophie replied.

Keefe turned to look at her. "A beach?" He asked.

"Yes, a beach. I have everything planned."

"It does not matter, because you are not going." Sandor cut in.

"It's just a few hours. We'll be fine." Sophie said.

"No. You will not go."

"Sandor. It's just a few hours. We. Will. Be. Fine." Sophie said.

"You cannot go."

"Why?"

"It's not safe!"

"She'll be fine, Gigantor. She can protect herself, and she's got me. Nothing bad will happen." Keefe said.

"Fine. But if she comes back with so much as a scratch-"

"I know, I know, I'll be dead. Now that that's done, can we go now?" Sandor shook his head and walked away. Keefe turned to Sophie. She smiled.

"Yes, Keefe. We can go now."

They grabbed each other's hands and turned back to the cliffs. "One,"Keefe started.

"Two,"Sophie said.

"Three!" They said in unison as the jumped off the cliff. They were growing closer to the water when Sophie channeled her mental energy and pushed them into the void. (A/N: I'm sorry if the teleporting is wrong. I don't know exactly how it goes, and it is harder to write than I thought.)

They appeared in between some buildings, landing perfectly on their feet. "Nice landing, Foster!" Keefe said.

Sophie blushed. "Thanks. I've been practicing."

"So how's this going to work?" Keefe asked. "You said something about a beach, but how can we swim without swim clothes? And where are we, and where's the beach, and-"