Chapter 5

A/N: Thank you to everyone who has actually read this far. I'm not the greatest writer, so to the few people that actually read this story, thank you so much! Anyway, I think I'm going to hold off the Forkle meeting until next chapter. :) Have fun!

Sophie and Keefe glittered onto the pastures of Havenfield, their bodyguards next to them. "Are you sure?" Sophie asked Keefe.

"I have to do this the right way. I need to get Grady's permission." Keefe said. He looked terrified.

"If he says no, am I going back to being 'That Boy' again?"

"Most definitely." Sophie said. "No wait, he actually won't call you that."

Keefe breathed a sigh of relief. "If he says no, he will also kill you." Sophie finished.

"That's it. I'm doomed. There is no possible way I make it back alive." Keefe said. He gave a small grin. "Shall we go in?" He held out his hand. Sophie grabbed onto his hand.

"Let's go."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~§~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Grady, Edaline, Sophie, and Keefe sat around the table. "So, Keefe. What made you want to come over for dinner tonight?" Grady asked. "Just here for dinner, and then you and Sophie leaving? Or are just you leaving?"

"Actually, I'm here to talk to you." Keefe said nervously. Edaline glanced over at Grady, who was gripping his fork so hard his knuckles were white.

"Talk to me? About what?" Grady said, his words sounding a little threatening.

Keefe took a deep breath. "I'm here to ask for your permission to date Sophie." Edaline broke out into a ginormous grin. Sophie looked nervous for Keefe. Keefe looked like he had just walked to his execution. Grady looked like he was the executioner.

Grady stood up. "Follow me." Keefe stood up, shot Sophie a helpless look, and followed Grady into a different room.

"So..." Edaline said. If you took the Cheshire Cat's smile, multiplied it by 20, you might be close to what Edaline's grin looked like.

"So... what?" Sophie replied, trying to play dumb.

"Nope. Not happening. You will tell me absolutely everything that led up to this." Edaline insisted.
Right at that moment, Keefe ran out. He leaned down and whispered in Sophie's ear, "Grady wants to know everything. Should I tell him about... you know, Kenric?"

"Go ahead. I have to tell Edaline." Sophie told him.

"Alright. See ya in about 100 years when Grady's interrogation is over" Keefe walked back to Grady.

"So... as you were saying," Edaline started.

Sophie huffed. "Fine. But you have to promise to not talk until I'm done."

"Fair deal." Edaline agreed.

Sophie proceeded to tell her everything starting at when she went to Oralie's to when she and Keefe go here. Once she finished, she glanced up at Edaline, who now had tears in her eyes. "Oh sweetie." Edaline wrapped her arms around Sophie. "I'm so sorry."

"Keefe and I have a meeting arranged with Mr. Forkle tomorrow to talk to him about this" Sophie informed her, leaning into Edaline's hug.