Chapter 8- Baby Talk

Kurt;

"I'm lucky to have you. I'm not going to let you go. I'm going to keep you. Me, you, and your other daddy is going to be a happy family. I know you're a girl. I can feel it. And you're going to grow up to be beautiful and strong. I just know it." I whispered gently as I rubbed my tummy. I smiled and sighed happily.

"That was cute, Kurt." Dave whispered. I didn't even know he was in the room, but there he was, standing at the doorway.

I giggled. "Shut up."

He chuckled and made his way over to me, laying on the bed with me. He gently laid his head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his soft, dark hair and shut my eyes, humming lightly to a song called "Dumb" I had wrote a few years ago.

"You have a nice voice, Kurt. It's beautiful. Whether you're talking, humming, or singing, it's beautiful." Dave whispered. I smiled.

"Thanks, Dave. Your voice is nice too."

"You know what's hot about your voice?" He asked with a smirk.

"Hmm... what?"

"When you moan." He whispered. I playfully slapped his arm.

"Dave! Don't say things like that. The baby will hear." I scolded. He chuckled and kissed my tummy.

"You're perfect." He whispered.

"Not I'm not."

"And what makes you say that?" He asked.

"Because you're the one who is perfect."

"Pfft. Please. That's defiantly you, doll." He reached his finger up, pressing it against my lips, stopping me from saying anything else.

"So, how are you feeling?" He asked.

"Hmmm... I feel like shit. My back hurts, I have cramps, I'm sore as hell, I'm craving food, and I'm tired."

Dave burst into laughter. "Dang. You got it bad, babe."

I nodded. "I do."

"Kurt, your mom wants to talk to you. She's in the kitchen." Dave's mom said.

"I don't wanna talk to her." I said in a whisper.

"I think you should." Dave whispered and twisted a lock of my hair around his finger. "At least for a minute."

I sighed and slowly pulled myself out of bed. "Okay."

I followed Dave's mom into the kitchen. There my mom sat, at the kitchen table. I slowly made my way to her and sat in a chair in front of her. Dave's mom smiled at me before disappearing into a different room.

"Hi, Kurt."

"Hi." I said in a whisper.

"Listen," She sighed. "I'm sorry for what I said to you the other day. You're my son... I should accept you for who you are. But... I can't. I just can't. Kurt, I just want to wish you luck with Dave. Even though I'm against this... I wish you luck. And when you have this baby... treat it right. It's a lot of work, Kurt. But if you're up for that then that's fine. Go for it. But if you change your mind about all this, I'll be there for you."

She didn't say anything else before getting up, pushing the chair in, and leaving. I bit my bottom lip and sighed. She's putting me through so much hell.

"Kurt, is everything okay?" Dave asked as he slowly came from upstairs. I nodded.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Everything is fine." And everything is fine because I have Dave, and this baby. That's all I need.

"Let's go back to bed." I said. Dave smiled, pecked up lips and picked me up. He carried me up to our room, gently laying me on the bed.

Dave pulled my shirt off and places small, gentle kisses all over my tummy. I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair.

"We're going to be great parents." I assured. He nodded.

"I know. I can't wait until you give birth."

I smiled and pecked Dave's lips. "Let's go to sleep."

He nodded. "Okay. Goodnight my beautiful."

"Goodnight my Dave." I whispered before closing my eyes, almost immediately falling asleep.