Chapter 10- Say Hello To Frances

Dave;

I sat in the waiting room, staring down at the white tile floor. I couldn't explain how I was feeling. This whole situation was odd, but I guess me and Kurt are just lucky.

"I'm hungry." Krist whispered. Chad flipped him off. And Pat didn't say anything, because he was too busy reading a magazine.

"Good thing I came prepared then." Krist said before pulling candy out of his pocket.

"Hey, are you nervous?" Chad asked. I nodded.

"Yeah."

"Don't be, Dave. Everything'll be okay." Krist assured. I sighed and crossed my arms.

"How long is it gonna take? We've been here for like two hours." I whined.

"Just be patient." Pat said, throwing the magazine down.

"What if something went wrong?" I asked in panic.

"If it would've they would have told you by now." Chad said. I sighed.

"Are you all here to see Kurt Cobain?" A nurse asked. We all nodded quickly and followed her back into the room. On the way there, Krist kept tickling my sides.

"He's in this room." The nurse said as we stopped in front of a door. She disappeared somewhere down the hallway and I sighed.

"Okay, I'll go first." I said. Everyone nodded in agreement and pushed me inside.

I slowly made my way over to Kurt. And there in laid in the hospital bed, smiling and holding Frances. I gasped and rushed over to them.

"Oh my gosh." I whispered. "She looks just like you, Kurt."

"Hmmm... you think so?"

I chuckled. "Definitely. She's so cute."

"Here." He held her up to me. "Hold her." He whispered with a smile. I smiled and carefully took her in my arms.

"She's so light." I whispered. Kurt chuckled and watched me with a smile.

"Knock knock." The three boys said before coming in, lightly shutting the door behind them.

"Oh my god, Dave has a baby!"

"Kurt shit out a baby!" Krist whisper-yelled and rushed over to me.

"Aw look it's so tiny!"

"It looks just like Kurt!"

"She's a doll!"

"Awww little Frances Bean."

I chuckled and looked at Kurt who was now sitting up in bed. I sat on the bed by his feet.

"She's perfect, Kurt." I whispered and gently kisses her head.

"Yeah she is. Just like you." Kurt said.

"You mean-"

"Don't start this game. Now pass the baby around Dave." Krist said. I carefully passed Frances onto him.

"Give me a kiss." Kurt whispered, tugging on my arm. I smiled and leaned down, pressing out lips together.

"I missed you." Kurt mumbled against my lips.

"I missed you too beautiful." I whispered back. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me.

"You did good babe." I whispered in his ear. He pulled away from the hug and pulled his little hospital thing up, showing me his tummy which had stitches on it. The cut wasn't really that long, but it would still leave a scar.

"It's going to scar, isn't it?" He asked.

"You're still beautiful." I said.

He smiled and pecked my lips.

"When do you get to leave?" I asked.

"I think the doctor has to come and check on me and Frances before we can leave." He informed.

"Okay." I said with a nod. I took Kurt's hand, lacing our fingers together.

I looked over at the boys. Krist was holding Frances, and the other two were smiling at her and rubbing her hair.

"I wanna go home." Kurt whined.

I chuckled. "You'll leave soon, love."