Chapter 11- Family

Kurt;

"Finally we're back!" I said as I shut the door behind us. I felt so exhausted.

"Where's the baby?" Lisa asked, running down the stairs. She gasped.

"She's so adorable!" She squealed and poked Frances's tummy.

"Who's at the door?" Dave's mom asked, rushing in the living room. She smiled and laughed a little.

"She's gorgeous." She said in a whisper and took the baby from Dave's arms.

"Hey, umm... are you tired?" Dave asked.

I nodded. "Sore, honey."

"Well go lay down. I have a surprise for you, but it can wait a few days."

I smiled. "Okay. After everyone gets done with Frances, will you bring her up to me?"

He nodded and pecked my lips. "Yeah. I'll bring her up." He picked me up, carrying me upstairs and into his room. He laid me down on the bed gently and kissed my lips.

"You need anything?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No. I'm fine."

"Okay. I'll go get Frances for you, doll." He said before kissing my nose and leaving the room.

Moments later he returned with a smiling Frances. He sat down on the beside me and gently laid Frances on me. Her little legs laid across my tummy and her back leaned against my legs.

Her face changed from a smile to a pout and she started to cry.

"Why is she crying?" Dave asked.

"Maybe she's hungry." I said.

"I'll go fix her a bottle then." Dave said before quickly running downstairs.

"Aw." I whispered and kissed Frances's head. "Hush baby."

It didn't take long before Dave came running back with a bottle in his hand. He laid down beside me. I took the bottle and held it up to France's mouth, which she great fully took and began to drink the milk.

Her little eyes closed, opened, and then closed again. I chuckled quietly and laid her down beside me and Dave.

"You should get some sleep, baby. You look tired." Dave whispered and moved a lock of hair away from my eyes.

"Yeah..." I whispered and shut my eyes, sleep quickly taking over me.

------

It had been a few days since I had Frances. My soreness has gone away, and I feel way better. I'm glad Frances doesn't cry a lot. The only time she does is when she's hungry, sleepy, or needs a diaper change.

"Hey, are you ready to see your surprise?" Dave asked. I nodded

"What is it?"

"Well, we're gonna have to drive there."

"Oh. Well, can we just walk? I need some exercise anyway."

He nodded and pecked my lips. "Sure babe. We should take Frances too."

He opened the closet and pulled out a front pack. "Here, use this. That way you can carry Frances."

I chuckled and Dave helped me put the front pack on. He sat Frances in and we were ready to go.

"Okay. Let's go." I said and followed him out the door. The walk was about twenty minutes, and Frances was smiling the whole way there, except the last five minutes she fell asleep.

"Cover your eyes." Dave said as we stopped at a corner.

"Why?"

"Just please." He said. I shrugged before covering my eyes with my hands. Dave took my arm, and we continued to walk. I know we were going in somewhere.

We seemed to have walked forever until we stopped. Dave moved my hands away from my eyes.

"You bought us an apartment?" I asked.

"Yeah. So it'll just be me, you, and our daughter." Dave said before opening the door. We walked inside and I looked around.

"I like it." I whispered and smiled.

He smiled. "Good. Come look at Frances room." He took my hand and led me into another room. I gasped.

Everything was pretty much pink. They was a crib, a bouncy seat, toys, just everything for a baby.

"When did you do this?" I asked.

"When you were like... seven months pregnant." He answered.

"This is amazing, Dave." I whispered and pulled him down to me where I could kiss his lips.

"So, are you gonna move in here with me?" He asked. I chuckled.

"Of course."