1. Promise

Notes: i fucking hate this just start reading from "letters" pls

——————————————

Y/N's POV:
As i lay down in my now bed i thought about what just happened. Everything was a little overwhelming, Steve got sent to find me and he successfully did. But what i had thought was that i was going to be behind bars and tortured. Just like they did in the red room back then. But what i actually got was... a job as an avenger...?? I was shocked to say the least. I hesitated of course, but accepted it because i wanted to do something good once in my life. I got yet another surprise though... one that isn't very pleasant. Let's just see..

Flashback (20 minutes ago) Authors POV:
Y/N had just accepted her offer to be an avenger. As soon as she was she got escorted by Steve and told that she was going to get her own room. As she and Steve walked to the spare guest room, she got a glimpse of red. A red so familiar that she stopped on her tracks. She also couldn't help but peak at what that red was or what she was hoping.. who that red belonged to. And as soon as she peaked she was stunned. She got what she hoped for... but she also didn't want. It was nat. She visibly stopped and Steve realized this. He asked "Is something wrong?". You didn't reply, still shocked. Steve asked again and this time you did reply. "W- what sorry i just- you know what? let's just carry on" you said. Steve eyed you weird but didn't want to push, so he carried on. Finally we arrived and be said that my stuff was already sent in. "weird" you thought. But remembered this place has agents and they would be able to track anyone down. You went in and said thank you to Steve. But before you did, he said "Oh, I'll give you a tour of the whole tower tomorrow just so you don't get lost". "Ok.. thanks" you responded. he didn't say anything back, just smiled comfortingly.

~ End of flashback ~

Y/N's POV:
I can't believe she's here- god why here?? Wait.. does that mean i work with her now?  Shit. Well i guess i have no choice but avoid her at all costs. But how would i do that. What if i just talk to her? No, i would end up yelling at her and running away. I sighed and just decided to ignore her, It was for the best. I got a tired and check the time "12.30" Guess i should go to sleep.

~ The next day ~
I woke up the next day to an alarm. Of course there was an alarm. I checked it "6.00" Well i should probably get ready, Steve would give me the tour soon enough.

After i showered i looked at the dresser by my bed and sure enough all my clothes and undergarments are there. I put on a simple outfit that consisted of, a pair of black jeans, a black shirt and a white cardigan on top. While waiting for Steve I looked through my phone that was placed on the bedside table and watched a couple youtube videos. After 30 minutes i heard a knock so i put my phone down and opened it. It was Steve and he said "Ready for the tour?". i nodded in response.

The tour went by smoothly and by now i practically know every nook and cranny of the tower because of my great memory. Steve left after the tour so i decided to go to kitchen to grab some water. When i walked down the kitchen no one was there so i calmly took a glass and went to the dispenser. While i was filling up my glass i hear a "hey". The voice was all too familiar. I stopped. After a couple seconds, i turned my head to see the person i didn't want to see.. Natasha or as i knew her Natalia. When i looked at her she looked back. Mirroring my stunned expression. After a couple seconds of silence nat broke it with a "Y/N...?" it was a mere whisper. If the room had a little bit of chatter i would've missed it. But since we were completely alone. it was clear as day. i cleared my throat and just continued to fill my glass with water. After it was full i began to walk away. As i walked i felt a hand on my wrist so i looked back and of course it was nat. "Is it really you?" she said. i didn't respond, it hurt seeing her. Remembering the days we were friends and the days she would make my day better even if we were in hell. After a couple seconds i said something. "Y- yeah" that's all that i could muster up. she didn't answer so i took back my hand fast to show my anger that was now bubbling up. Mostly because of the memories that came back by just looking at her. When i took back my hand she said "L- look Y/N i'm sorry-". i quickly cut her off "Don't- just please." I said. It sounded harsh but i didn't feel bad, since from all the things she did to me, she deserved it. After that i stormed out of the kitchen angrily.

~ To be continued ~

A/N:
Hello!! This is my first one shot and i hope you guys enjoyed this <33 Sorry if there are some spelling errors or grammar errors. I haven't edited this so don't mind it. If you would have any requests please comment some or direct message me <33