Chapter four:

Adams POV:

I paced my office in my house, tears still falling from my eyes. Samantha has been gone for two months but it feels like a lifetime. My bedroom still smelled like the vanilla of her skin, and her dress and clothes were still hung up in the guest room closet.

"Where the fuck is she?" I yelled at no one in particular. This was tearing at my career, but I still managed to go on stage at every concert and made my fans happy.

"Mr. Rayne. I have some news." My new personal assistant amanda said as she knocked on the partially open door.

"What is it, amanda? I don't have time for this shit." I said and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I did some digging. I may have found her." She said and handed me some photos. Sadly they resembled her but it wasn't her.

"They're not her." I said and felt my heart break more.

"Shall I keep looking sir?" She asked and took the photos back.

"Yes." I said and sat down at my desk. I looked at the photo I had of her, fast asleep in my bed after our night of lovemaking after I broke off my engagement. What I wouldn't give to have her back.

"Anything else I can help you with sir?" She said and started to unbutton her shirt.

"No. Go away." I said and closed my eyes, ignoring her.

"But I can help you relax. You're so uptight." She said and came closer.

"Get the fuck out and find her!" I yelled and stood up, my boots landing hard on the floor. I'd do anything to get my Samantha back in my arms. But this time I will do it right and ask her to be mine. Not my mistress, but my girlfriend. And maybe someday my wife.

Samantha's POV

I collapsed onto the floor and just stared at the test. How could I be pregnant? I was on birth control the whole time I was with adam. Not once did I miss a pill.

"Sammy? What's the result?" Laura asked as she came in the door and spotted me on the floor. "Are you okay?"

"I'm pregnant." I whispered and stayed still.

"What?" She asked as she sat down next to me.

"Laura, I'm pregnant." I said a little louder and looked at her. "What the hell am I going to do?"

"We're going to get you to a doctor. We need to know how far along you are and if the baby is okay. You work such long hours you might be hurting junior in there." She said and helped me up. "Go change. We're going to the doctors. And I'm going with you. And if the doctors ask, I'm the daddy."

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She seemed to always know how to make me laugh. We've been friends ever since we were kids, and even before then. Our moms knew each other before we were even born.

She helped me to my bedroom and then rifled through my closet until she found what she was looking for. She pulled out my ripped blue jeans and a tight black v-neck t-shirt. I pulled them on and she smiled at me before I pulled on my high heel black ankle boots.

"Now, let's go to the doctors." She said as I grabbed my purse and phone and dragged me downstairs and out to my jeep. I climbed into the drivers seat and she climbed into the passenger seat.

"Where the hell am I going?" I asked as I pulled out of my driveway and drove down the long drive to the street, lined with trees.

"Go to the hospital. They can get you in." She said and I followed her directions to the hospital. I found a parking spot and walked in, but Laura took the lead.