chapter 1 | meeting him

the day was just like every other day. other than the fact that you were hired by the company, starship, and were assigned for one of the groups to be their main stylist. something went wrong with their current one and they had to hire one quickly. your boss recommended you to the company and not wanting to brag or anything, but you were his best worker.

surely, you were going to only be attending a few of them. you can't get to all of them in a short period of time. you were sort of excited but you were also a little nervous. you were actually surprised when you heard the news of you getting hired. you heard that one of the requirements was you had to be married. you hadn't dated anyone since your last boyfriend. which was like five months ago. you had no idea how your boss worked it out but it landed you a job here so you weren't complaining.

you needed to find something cute to wear but appropriate. you decided to just go simple. you weren't there to impress anyone from your fashion sense. yeah, you could prove to them your talent or whatever but you just needed to focus on making them look good. having a simple white blouse tucked into your black jeans, you wore a pair of white platform sneakers along with it. after grabbing your beige purse and hanging it over your shoulder, you leave your house. taking in a breath, you hurry over to the company. you wanted to be there at least fifteen minutes earlier because it's just better than being late.

a few minutes later, you reached the company. you take your phone, shoving it in your pocket before running over towards the entrance. you were shocked when you almost bumped into someone.

"oh my. i am so sorry!" you apologized, bowing. the lady looked at you with a smile, noticing that you must be the new staff.

"are you.. y/n?" you looked up at the mention of your name and nodded.

"um.. yes."

"oh perfect. follow me. i can take you to the room already. the idols aren't here yet so we can just get you situated for now. i'll call up our manager and he'll tell you everything else," you watch as she takes out a file in her hand and leads you to a room. she opens the door, revealing a man focusing on some papers laid out on the table. "hey. y/n's here. can you take care of her?"

"yeah, sure." the guy eyes you as the lady from before leaves. you awkwardly walk over and bow.

"hello. i'm kim y/n. i'm here for the open position as a stylist." you said, trying to hide your nervousness with a tuck of hair strand behind your ear. the man continues to have a straight face, causing you to clear your throat. you were so embarrassed.

"yeah. i'm gonna be your manager. name's lee minjae. i'll be giving you a list of the members you're going to be working with and every event, i'll give you a set of instructions to what you'll be doing with them. you're assigned to one group. only one group. got it?" you nod your head immediately, feeling your lips getting chapped.

"yes. i understand."

"alright. that's all i needed to tell you," you look up at him again, confused. he chuckles and hands you a file. "sorry. i do this every time there's a new staff. need to be harsh on you to see if you'd crack under the pressure. it'll be like that when the fans are around. i needed to know you are capable of working as one of my staff. anyway.. those are the members. study them well and make sure you know what each of them don't like and like." you look down and see six profiles. you take it into your hand and bow.

"thank you, sir."

"yeah. i'll be out for now. i'll make sure you get a company tour soon." you nodded before watching him leave. you took in a breath as you grabbed the file, sitting down on one of the seats.

45 minutes passed and right when you felt like you were done studying each of them, the door opened. you stand up immediately.

"hey! i'm seo jiwoo. i'm one of the accessory coordinators. i was told to give you a tour. you're the new main stylist, right?" you nod your head with a smile.