chapter 7 | nobody knows

the day continues with jooheon successfully letting yourself feel better. you never would have thought you'd get over something like this so quickly. perhaps, it was more of a small distraction to calm you down. but it definitely made you feel so much better.

you offer a ride to his company or at least to his dorms since he did all that for you. you two fought about it for a while since he didn't want to be a bother to you but you wanted to pay back this favor.

"fine!," it was almost midnight when he finally gave in. you both stand up from your couch and walk out to the car again. backing out of your driveway, you drove into the street. it was when he finally took his phone out for the first time today that he noticed all the notifications on his phone. his gasp makes you look over to him in confusion. "stop the car." you did as he asked, a bit nervous.

"what's wrong? did something happen?" you gulp as he slowly looks over to you with a pitiful face.

"y/n, i am so sorry.."

"what do you mean?" he shows you all the text messages from his members and the further you read, the more you started to frown.

didn't know y/n was into you..

what are you two even doing out?

you should care more about your image, joo..

did you just not care about changkyun?

you actually felt apologetic even though it almost seemed like they were dissing on you.

"what's going on?" you blinked a few times when he showed you his phone again with a news article. you check the headline and it was enough for you to know what was trending right now.

"i'm sorry.. i really am."

"joo.. it's not your fault. i.. i think it's best if we stay away from each other for a while. umm..," you look around, clearing your throat. "i'll just drop you off for now." he slowly nods his head as you continue driving. the rest of the drive up to his dorms were silent. so was the drive back home. you didn't know what you were going to tell your mom. did it make you look like some girl who flings around with guys? yeah. but it also made you a jerk for doing something like this changkyun. you kept thinking whether you should clear this up with him but you also kept reminding yourself that he no longer wants to do anything with you. and.. the least you could do was respect that decision.

once you arrived back home, you took your phone out and sat down on the couch. you clicked on the news and saw your name and jooheon's on the headline. you scroll further down to see a photo. the karaoke lounge. and it was right when the two of you had your masks off because you were getting your beer. you blinked a few times, nervously.

"what a mess.." you mumbled to yourself. all jooheon did was be a good friend and now he has a scandal. you felt so stupid and so selfish. you were feeling so miserable over changkyun, you didn't bother to check like you would usually for all the members.

just then, you feel your phone ring. you flinch at the sudden vibration in your hand. you answer it with a deep breath.

"hello?"

"hey. i know the rumors are wrong. jooheon told me everything. but the company..." you hear him stop at his words and you get more anxious.

"what?," more silence.. "minhyuk. tell me. what did the company say?"

"they want to confirm the scandal." you thought about his words and what that meant.

"w-what?"

"have you seen the comments?," you shook your head like he could see it but he already could tell from your silence, your answer was no. "check it. put me on speaker or something and check it." you did as he said and put the speaker on. you went on twitter where most of the comments went. but all you saw were positive ones. you forgot monbebes were one of the most supportive fans ever. of course, other fans were too but monbebes were never the type to get too jealous over any of the members being regular humans.