chapter 10 | things worked out

kihyun was first to notice and stood up. "okay guys.. let's go turn the live on." they all look at you with a smile. you usher them over to the couch as they get settled there to start the live. you stay behind with the staff by the dining room and clean up. once you were done, you joined the guys behind the camera. you could see jooheon winking at you and you motioned him to stop making it so obvious.

"we see y/n reflected in the window. you can?" kihyun says, reading the comment. all the boys turned around in the window and that fan was right. you ducked down and sat so you couldn't be seen again. you gave them an apologetic look as they all chuckle.

"just let her breathe. can we see her?" hyungwon says, reading another one. you grabbed the staff's whiteboard and wrote on it.

'stop talking about me.' it wrote as the boys smiled.

"should we let her come on the live?" shownu says, bravely. you closed your eyes and let out a quiet sigh.

"are they allowed to do that?" you whispered to the staff behind you. they shrugged before the manager nodded.

"they don't listen to us anyway. just go. the fans love you." he whispers back and you almost wished he told them that they couldn't. the manager gives kihyun a nod so they usher you over. you take in a deep breath and slowly walk into the screen frame. you have never once thought in your life, you'd be doing this.

"hello, monbebe!," you waved your hand, turning around and giving the boys a small glare. "i'm kim y/n. it's nice to meet you guys." you say as you see the comments scrolling up. your eyes hurt from how fast they were going. you felt bad for the idols. how did they manage to read any of this? you slowly move away before getting stopped by jooheon and within a second, you are on his lap, getting held like you were a dog out of control. you sighed and sat still as he places his chin on your neck.

"they said you guys look cute together." minhyuk reads off one of the comments. you obviously blushed from this sudden action but you were also happy because it wasn't usual for the fans to like the significant other of their idol. you were thankful.

"why don't you say something?" hyungwon suggests so you straighten your back as jooheon traced small circles to your back as a comforting support.

"are you sure?" you looked around, asking for permission from all the guys but also from changkyun. there was no need for the fans to know the backstory of everything but you still owe it to him for giving you a new chance.

"they said they would get mad if you don't." changkyun says, looking over to you with a smile. that was your sign and you were happy to receive it. you smile and hold onto jooheon's hand.

"hi guys.. umm. monbebe.. ahh.. this is kinda awkward," you said with a small chuckle before continuing. "i'm kim y/n.. as you all know i am their stylist and i've been working with them for about three to almost four years now. it's been an honor. seriously.. they are all great guys. and jooheon.. he's a great guy, as you all already know. but overall, i am just happy to know that you guys support his relationship. you guys really mean a lot to him and to everyone in this room. so thank you." you immediately lean back towards jooheon as he places his chin in your shoulder, giving you a bear hug.

"omg, she's so cute." shownu says, reading off the comment.

"wait hold on. why is she really pretty?" kihyun continues.

"guys.. stop. just move on with your conversation." you say, absolutely embarrassed from all of this. jooheon continues to hold you tight which was a big deal of healing for you. you felt comfort and safe in his arms, no matter how cringy that sounds.

"alright.. anyway, we'll have her stay here but we'll continue on with our story. so..," shownu says as the leader. you knew you could depend on him. "how did we spend our christmas?" who wants to answer?" he says, looking around. minhyuk starts to answer how they spent it with their performances and eating midnight snacks.