chapter 6 | never saw it

the last month passed and you knew changkyun was coming home. jooheon and minhyuk kept updating you on everything so by now, you already knew everything they were going to do. you spent almost a week and a half, laying down in the bed of the hospital. you didn't really need the rest or the extra nutrients but, your mom kept you there. she was so nervous that she rarely even let you out of her sight. you appreciated it but you just needed a little alone time.

you were back at your house but you were all alone. you wanted it but you just don't know anymore. you just want a hug. a changkyun.. you pulled out your phone to see any notifications. but what did you expect?

but for some random reason, as if you were chosen by the gods (that you didn't even know you believed in), your phone lets a soft ping. you were so fast to check your phone, your arm almost popped right off.

right there.. changkyun.

"hello?"

"can i come over?" your eyes look around, standing up.

"ri-right now?"

"yeah.." you open your drawers and find some clothes to wear.

"um.. sure. how far are you?"

"about fifteen minutes or so? are you sure it's okay?" you inhaled a deep breath that you weren't sure he could hear on the other side.

"yeah. i'm good.."

"okay. i'll be there soon."

the call ends as you quickly run to the bathroom to get changed. you put on some decent makeup on and a warm jacket on as well. after what seemed like two hours, he finally came knocking at your door. you run over and open it but instead of wanting to welcome him in, you wanted to ask why he had such a straight face.

"kyun!-," you were stopped with him clearing his throat so you dropped to your heels, not going to leap into his arms like you were planning to. you held the door, wanting to know why he was so quiet. "what's wrong?"

"hey...."

"tell me. what is it?" you said, now anxious about what's going on. you have already prepared yourself for anything due to his lack of communication but you also hoped it'd get better once he came back.

"can i come in firs-"

"tell me right here." you cut him off and looked in his eyes, trying to find something. anything.

"y/n.. i've been thinking. over this tour, i've noticed some things.. things between us..," you could tell he was hesitating and you couldn't help but tear up a bit. you held it in enough to not show any tears but it still bothered you, what he was about to say. "i just.." he looks at you as if he was trying to ask for your permission.

"and?" your voice cracked a bit as you bit your lip.

"i just don't think we should continue this..," he's finally able to spit it out as you bit the inside of your lip. "i'm sorry.."

"can.. can i at least ask why?" your voice gets lower as you try to hold in your tears.

"i just.. i don't want this anymore." you let a hiccup pass as you didn't expect it to be personal. you refused to accept that.

"are you sure it's not your company?," you couldn't even keep proper eye contact anymore. you didn't want to show any tears in front of him but you also couldn't stand the fact that he was here, breaking up with you, after you tried to five months ago. you see him hesitate so you know you hit something. "right? it's the company that made you do this. right?" you looked at him, eyes now a bit glossy.

"babe-"

"no. d-don't call me that. you c-can't just call me that when you're b-breaking up with me." your little gasps in between were small but it was entirely unnoticeable. he looks at you with pity.