chapter 2 | a step closer

the next day, you wake up earlier than you expected to but you knew you couldn't go back to sleep so you just got up. the weather outside was so nice, you decided to go out on a morning walk. healthy, right?

last night, the shoot went by and they successfully got everything done. there were going to be photoshoots though, next week. you already loved your job.

you quickly grabbed a pair of socks, putting them on after your outfit. you felt like it would be cold so instead of your workout outfit, you just chose to wear a hoodie and leggings. you grabbed your phone and your airpods before rushing out before having a sudden craving. maybe instead of a walk, a drive to the cafe? you fought with your inner self and thought why can't you just do both? walk to the cafe. you roll your eyes stupidly and head out once again.

after about a few minutes of walking, you see the cafe at sight. you excitedly take out your phone and watch as your order is already ready. you skipped over to the store and entered, heading towards the online order section. you find your drink and give them a tip.

"thank you!" you say as the guy working behind the counter smiles at you.

"you're welcome. have a great day!" you wave your hand before heading over to the park. it was the first time you ordered this drink. you took in a lot of caffeine usually but today you felt fruity so you bought a strawberry acai refresher. it was really good but a little too sweet for you but you were sure that the ice would water it down.

once you reached the park, you just found a nice bench that had a little shade but not too cold. feeling the nice, cool breeze hit your cheeks, you take in a deep breath. you place your airpods in both your ears while pulling out your phone to play your playlist. you closed your eyes to relax a little before feeling the warmth of the sun fade. you open your eyes and see someone but are instantly blinded by the sun flashing behind them. you block your eyes with your hands, hearing a familiar chuckle. the person sat down next to you and even with the mask on, you noticed who it was.

"changkyun-ssi?"

"yeah. hi." you barely heard him talk before noticing you still had both your ears plugged with your music. you chuckled to yourself before changkyun took one off, placing it in his own ear. you look at him, eyes a little wider than usual before smiling.

"umm.. you seem to like the outside." you said, trying to start a conversation.

"yeah. only when it's quiet outside. that's why i only go out in the morning." he says. you didn't really expect him to be a morning guy. you see him bouncing his head to the soft beat you were listening to, which for a second you forgot about.

"yeah.. you must be tired of all those fans that run up to you and mob you." you said. of course, you didn't know what it actually felt like but you could only imagine. you didn't even like it when the person behind you suddenly starts getting closer when you're lined up at the register in the supermarket. you couldn't even want to think about how he must feel every time they go to airports or just moving around in general.

"yeah.. they're our fans so can't really hate them. but sometimes, it's just.. too much. you know?" you nod your head as he takes a look at your drink. you could see his soft glance and smile.

"you want some?," you offer, handing the drink over. he looks at you for a second before trying to take the lid off. "you a germaphobe or something?" you teased. he stops what he's doing and just takes a sip. you could see his bare face which was by far, the most amazing face you've seen.

"thanks.." you blushed as he handed it back to you before noticing that there were more people walking around.

"hey. there's a lot of people coming now. you want to get out of here?" he looks around, noticing himself before nodding. you both stand up before making yourself over to a neighborhood which is about two blocks away from your house.