Tinsel

Long before the snowflakes appear
Without bells or mistletoe or the tinsel silver glow
You just look at me and Oh!
Christmas is here!
~ A Christmas Love Song ~

"Deck the halls with boughs of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la." I sing loudly as I go about cleaning the house.

"Stacey! Quit singing!" Nathan groans and blindly throws a pillow at me, at a completely wrong direction of course.

As affectionate as my husband is in the morning, he is also a grumpy ol' man when someone wakes him before his alarm. Today he had the day off and I was adamant to get him to help me to decorate our house. Oh how I loved saying that.

Since I was a kindergarten teacher, Winter break had already started for me. But Nate still had to work until Christmas Eve. Ugh desk jobs can be so sapping.

"Oh don't be a Grinch, Williams. No one loves a Grinch during Christmas."

I do something completely out of character, I slap his butt loudly.

He jerks awake and sits up with bewildered eyes.

I place both of my hands on my cheeks to hide the blush that's creeping up.

"Did you... did you just spank my ass?" he asks with wide eyes, his voice deep and hoarse with sleep. My cheeks warm even more.

"Nathan! Do you have to make it sound so kinky?" I whisper the last word.

He bursts out laughing.

"Why dear wife? Are you hinting at something?" He wiggles his brows playfully, looking like a complete goofball while doing so.

I splutter incoherently before hightailing out of our bedroom, his chuckles trailing after me.

💫🌟💫

"Darling we've already moved the tree for like 5 times now. How many more times until it's perfect for you?" Nathan grumbles as we yet again shift the tree.

"Oh shut up Nate. It has to be perfect. I want to see the tree from every corner of the house."

The Christmas tree sways a little towards Nathan's side and a few curses fly out of his mouth as he struggles to regain his footing.

"That's it! This is pretty perfect for me. I'm not moving it anymore. My arms are ready to fall off." He rants angrily as he strides towards the kitchen.

"Someone shut those carols!"

"God bless my poor soul. I've married a Grinch alright." I mutter to myself.

"I can hear you Stacey!" He yells from the kitchen.

I hang the stockings above the fireplace and place a huge wreath on our front door before placing the heavy box of ornaments near the foot of the Christmas tree.

I hum 'Away in the Manger' playing in the background as I clear the mantel for the Crib. Then I decorate the banister with a tinsel garland.

I light Christmas scented candles around the living room and smile at how they glow in the dim lighting. Once the Christmas tree is lit up, it will only enhance the beauty.

"I leave you alone for 20 minutes and this place looks decked out already."

I feel Nathan stand too close behind me, the heat from his muscular frame radiating against my back, shivering slightly when I feel his breath flutter on my neck.

I clear my throat and create a bit of distance between us. I turn to face him but my heart stutters in my chest when he weaves a silver tinsel around my neck and pulls me closer by it.

I place my hands on his chest and lick my lips when my eyes fall on his lips. Trailing my eyes up, I gaze into his soulful brown eyes and feel my entire body soften.

An instrumental Carol of the Bells fills the living room with its melody while we silently gaze into each other's eyes intently.

His eyes lower to my lips and I visibly tremble when heated desire flares in his eyes. He dips his head and my eyes automatically fall close when his breath hits my nose. His lips trail a tantalizing path of small kisses from my forehead, to my nose, skipping my lips for my cheek and jaw.

I moan softly when he nips my jaw, feeling his lips stretch in a smile against my skin. I fist his shirt tightly when he softly sucks my ear lobe.

He places his mouth against my ear and his whisper tickles my sensitive skin.

"I am not a Grinch, Mrs. Williams."

And with a wicked grin he leaves me in the living room, an inch away from melting into a puddle.

"Come on Stace, the Christmas tree isn't going to decorate itself."

💫🌟💫