Prologue

Snow.

That was the first thing Cupid noticed when he landed on an apple tree, overlooking the entire town of Willow Creek.

He grimaced as a bird sought comfort on his mass of black messy curls, he ignored the bird focusing on the task ahead.

He needed to find the perfect match to carry out his plans else he might as well kiss his wings goodbye.

He peered closely at the houses, the bird having finished pecking at the unfamiliar creature flew away. Cupid blamed no one especially the bird, he was after all an unknown entity in the human world.

He was short, with long black curly hair, an elven ear, a round face with a nose a little too big for his small face. All that was left to complete his appearance was his wings but he needed to succeed in this mission before he could think of them.

Wings.

That thought did not help him as he scanned the houses and realized that there was no one outside. Everyone was inside probably drinking hot chocolate—the weather was freezing—and allowing the snow in their driveway to keep piling up.

He needed movement in this damn crappy town but the place was so quiet, It creeped him out.

Jumping from one tree branch to another, he was finally able to leave Willow Creek and arrive at the only spot he was allowed to use his teleporting abilities and arrived at Las Vegas, Nevada.

The town was lit up with Christmas trees, Christmas songs drifting to his ears from each house, each shop and It thrilled him.

It was that time of the year. Christmas, when the birth of Jesus was celebrated but in his case, he will be celebrating his new wings.

He walked inconspicuously, the humans did not notice him, he was too small for that.

He walked around till he remembered the name of the place his sister had gone to last Christmas and had gotten her wings.

Tunnel of love.

Grinning from ear to ear, Cupid walked into the beautiful place and gasped.

There were amazing colors of Christmas light, the beautiful harmony of the Christmas songs, the waterfall cascaded with water, the droplets looking like a diamond teardrop.

The tunnels were built in a way that it was a booth and a ride at the same time. It was so fascinating to watch as different couples sat on a booth, some going for a ride while some were just sitting and giggling.

It was just the first day in December and the humans were already bustling with Christmas spirit and activity.

But none of these things captivated him as much as the scene unfolding before his eyes.

It was a man on his knees, holding out a diamond ring to the girl looking breathless and wiping away stray tears that were falling down her cheeks.

"Will you marry me, Angie?" The man was asking the weeping girl hiding her green eyes beneath her long lashes.

Say yes already! Cupid chanted in his mind aiming his arrow at them.

I can't wait to be welcomed into her rich family.

Cupid lowered his bow, twitching his ear to make sure he had heard correctly. He always detested this special ability he had—mind-reading—as the voice cackled in his head listing all the things he was going to do with his bride-to-be money.

Pathetic, Cupid sneered at the man. He wished he could whisper to the girl all her suitor's thoughts but instead, he glanced at them to watch the drama unfold.

Out of the corner of his eyes, he saw a blonde woman approaching the "so much in love couples" glaring at them.

"Bradley, how dare you propose to me last night on my freaking bed and come to propose to her!"

The voice yelled like a banshee and he winced, blaming it on his hypersensitive nature.

He giggled as the Bradley, still kneeling, and his potential rich bride now a weeping mess, whirled around to face the blonde banshee woman.

Turns out the rich bride was super upset at Bradley and left, blonde woman with a self-satisfied smirk glared at Bradley.

"That's what you get for breaking up with me still inside my pussy!"

Cupid chortled as Bradley stood dumbfounded as both women walked out on his.

Sorry, Bradley guess no Christmas wedding for you. Not sorry.

Cupid walked around Las Vegas but still, he came up with nothing, and then he went back to Willow Creek just in time to see a door opening and a girl of about twenty years running down the steep stairs of her house towards...

Cupid's heart sang "hosanna in the highest" as he gazed as the young man raced across the street towards the girl, her black hair bobbing up and down.

No words were spoken between them as they hugged each other and shared a passionate kiss.

Now, this was what he called true love, he mused happily.

Without further ado, he leveled his bow and arrow and pointed the last two arrows at the young couples.

This is your big moment, Cupid don't mess us up, his subconscious warned him.

With one eye closed, he released the arrows, and something he never expected happened so quickly.

Two people from the corner of the streets raced across the road and separated the young lovers putting themselves in the direction of the arrow.

The invisible arrows hit them and they barely flinched as they stood in-between the lovers.

His ears twitched picking up their thoughts and he sank on the snow, burying his hands in his face.

He might as well kiss his wings goodbye.

----------------------------------------------

A/N: Happy new month guys welcome to December 🥳🥳

I know I have lots of ongoing stories and I will finish them but here's a holiday story for y'all.

Double updates each day till 25th December when it will be completed.

Have fun reading and tell me your thoughts on this prologue.

Don't forget to hit that lil star down there.

Much love ❤️
Goodness.