Eight

"Long time no see lover boy!"

Cupid snorted glaring at the so-called visitor.
"Fuck off!"

"Who's this, Cupid?" Linda asked mortified.

Cupid sighed massaging his temple, he couldn't blame Linda for looking mortified or Ella for covered her mouth in alarm only Cassie wore an amused expression.

He wasn't surprised he already knows Cassie was bat-shit crazy.

The woman standing in the living room was a tall lanky woman with blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. She was drop-dead gorgeous which was normal for her.

"Tell us who she is, Cupid, and why she's half-naked," Psyche said in a mocking tone.

Cupid whirled around and glared at her. "Shut up I know who you are so don't let me rip off your tongue!"

"Cupid, are you alright?" Linda asked concerned, "You're threatening your sister?"

"I'll be back in a moment, Linda," he said through gritted teeth gesturing for Psyche and the woman dressed in only a t-shirt to follow him.

When he had walked a safe distance from the house and had made sure no one else was around, he whirled around and glared at the half-naked woman.

"What are you doing in the human realm, Canola?" He asked angrily.

"Why?" Canola puckered her lips at him, "To see you, handsome. Although you aren't too handsome as before but I'm sure you still know all your old tricks."

"Who's the shapeshifter?" He asked Canola gesturing to the person masquerading as Psyche.

"Smart boy," the shapeshifter grinned, "When did you figure it out?"

"When I couldn't listen to your thoughts," he snapped.

The shapeshifter chuckled and he watched the skin of Psyche fade in and another skin replaced it. She was now a beautiful red-head with purple eyes.

"Is this your skin?" He asked.

"I'll never tell but I can spare you my name," the shapeshifter smiled seductively at him before leaning towards him and whispering in his ears, "If you ever come into the shapeshifter land, ask for Estere. I can be anything you want me to be."

With a chuckle, she vanished into thin air.

"Rude!" Canola snapped.

"Where is Psyche?" Cupid asked worriedly ignoring her comment.

"It's not in my place to tell you," she replied with a shrug.

"Come, Macha needs you."

Ah, beautiful Macha who would not let him be. She was the queen of the Tuatha Dé Danann of the Celtic region. Some said they were fairies, but they were fallen angels with a connection to nature thus they got their realm and were named gods and goddesses.

He could only guess why she wanted to see him.

~~~~*

"So, the rumors are true!"

"Legendary Cupid banished to earth!"

"He lost his wings!"

"And his beauty too!"

"I don't know, I think he's still as handsome as ever."

An eerie silence descended on the bickering females as a tall woman dressed in an intricate design of different flowers strutted into the room.