Twenty

"What is happening tonight?"

Cupid was sitting on the sofa staring at Linda as she kept peering at her book. He needed something to distract him from the message he had gotten so he asked this question instead.

Linda chuckled. "Did Cassie bully you into asking?"

Cupid rolled his eyes. "I'm curious as to why the girls are all getting doled up with smiling faces except Cassie of course."

"Mmh, Cassie is something else," Linda agreed.

"So?" Cupid prompted.

She chuckled again. "I'm only telling you so you can get dolled up too. Tonight is the town's festival where we do lots of activities and decorate the town."

A cold shiver ran down Cupid's back as his mind went back to the words of the letter. Unconsciously, he touched his pocket where he had kept It.

His mind drifted back to the contents of the letter written by someone he didn't know. It wasn't even signed and it was just one word.

Tonight.

"Did you say everyone will be coming out tonight?" He asked trying to hide the fear in his voice but failing miserably.

Linda gave him a quizzical look. "Yes, is there a problem?"

He smiled nervously at her. "No just stay safe tonight, okay."

She nodded. "Now go dress up in your red tuxedo."

He scratched the side of his hair. "I don't have a tuxedo."

Linda smirked at him. "Go check your wardrobe."

Racing up the stairs, he saw a red tuxedo hanging there neatly and well-ironed. He stripped and got dressed. It fit him like a second skin, enhancing all his mortal features although he figured this would suit him better with his real features.

"Cupid!"

Only one female hollered like a banshee when knocking—banging on his door.

"Cupid!!"

"Coming Cassie," he called back before pulling the door open.

She was standing there dressed in a sleeveless short red dress with a pair of black wedges to match, her make-up was light and beautiful but her lips were curled in a frown.

Typical Cassie, he mused.

"You look good," he smirked.

"Fuck off!" She snapped before pushing past him and entering into the room he shared with Psyche.

"What do you want, Cassie?" He sighed.

"I know mom told you what's happening tonight so tell me."

He sighed. There was no harm in telling her, she would eventually go.

"Tonight is the town's festival." And probably the death of them all but he didn't add that Cassie's face was already red with anger he didn't want to add to that.

"Shit! How could I have forgotten their damn festival?" She yelled in an irritating tone.

"What would you have done?" He asked.

She glared at him.

"Cassie never attends these festivals she always travels when the date is approaching so we decided to take her by surprise this year."

Cupid whirled around and saw Sacha standing in the doorway her arms wrapped around Ella's wrist.

She was dressed in a pretty long red dress and black wedges. Her make-up was flawless and she looked beautiful with her unique purple hair and her hair was pulled into a messy bun only the single purple strand was falling over her face.

He took a quick look at Ella and smiled. She looked like a Christmas angel dressed in her short white dress with matching white sandals holding her white purse. Her make-up was also light and flawless, her hair pulled into a halo with white lilies weaved into a crown.

His heart went out for her when he remembered what Jared was hiding from her.

"You both look great," he complimented them.

They both flashed him a smile.

"Hey, Cupid what does this message says?" Cassie asked startling him. He saw she was holding the letter.

"Drop that!" He snapped.

"Relax, you can't even understand the Greek language, Sacha will help out," she said.

Before he could protest further, Sacha crossed the room and was now peering at the letter.

"What does it say?" He asked smugly. There was no way a mortal would be able to understand the Greek language used by only gods.

"Weird it's only one word," Sacha replied.

His brow climbed an inch up his face, he made no move to conceal his shock.

"You-you can understand that?" He stuttered.

"Sure," she replied like it was something she did every day.

"What does it say?" Cassie asked in a curious voice.

"Tonight," Sacha replied.

Cassie and Ella gave her a puzzled look.

"Just that?" Cassie asked.

Sacha nodded.

Cupid was still too busy picking up his slacken jaw from the floor. How on earth has she been able to understand the language of the gods.

"Is there an address or a name?" He heard Ella asking.

Sacha shook her head. "It's blank. No return address and no name either."

"What's happening tonight, Cupid?" Cassie asked.

Cupid shrugged swallowing a lump in his throat. It had better not be what he was thinking.

"The town festivals that's all," he replied easily.

He saw Sacha give him a weird look but he ignored it as he stalked away from the room.

There were lots of thoughts going on in his head and he had no answers to them. Who could have sent him the message?

Then what else did Sacha know that she hasn't been letting anyone know.

"It's time to go!"

Cupid followed Linda's voice and arrived at the garden where he saw Jared and James already waiting dressed in a black tuxedo with a touch of red.

Ella ran into Jared's arms while Cassie just said a quick hi to James.

He wondered when these two will finally get along and he can be free to return to Olympus.

"What's happening tonight, Cupid?"

Cupid turned and saw Sacha trying to keep up with him. He slowed to a stop.

"Sacha, I have no idea what you mean."

She narrowed her eyes at him. "I hope you don't cause any mischief tonight, Cupid."

Great, now he's dragging Loki's powers.

As he watched Sacha strut away into the night catching up with Cassie, he couldn't help but marvel at her—a mortal threatening an immortal.

But that wasn't what occupied his mind. It was the one word that did.

Tonight.

------------------------

A/N: Final update for today guys next update will be available by tomorrow. I hope you guys enjoy the three chapters posted today.

Lots of things are going on and lot of questions like how did Sacha read that letter and what is happening tonight?

Stay tuned for more updates.

Keep leaving your comments and your votes they inspire me. Thank you guys.

Much love ❤️
Goodness.