Two

"Focus, Cupid!"

Cupid refrained from rolling his eyes as he glared at Psyche holding his arm and knocking gently on the door.

They were now standing on the porch of the house the girls had gone into when he had shot the arrow and he looked at his reflection from the imaginary mirror he had forced Psyche to summon.

He hated how he was stripped of most of his powers and turned into a hideous dwarf but thankfully, Psyche had fixed that temporarily.

He wasn't his handsome self but at this point, he would choose this look thousand times than his dwarfish look.

He stared at his deep brown eyes matched with his brown wavy hair, his jawline was sharp but not like his real self. His face didn't look like the handsome Cupid he was instead, she had only succeeded in transforming him from a dwarf into a typical example of a human jock player—that's what he's heard the humans say countless times he's been here—only the ones who punished him can return him to his true form.

Psyche's genius plan was for him to lie still like he was unconscious from their long-distance travel and they needed somewhere to pass the night due to excessive cold.

His sharp ears picked up footsteps from inside the house and he feigned faint, leaning heavily on Psyche because he had pointed out to her that she couldn't carry him if he slumped so they had improvised.

"Who is it?" A high-pitched voice asked.

Cupid winced slightly, enjoying the feeling of his head resting on Psyche's bosom.

"Pervert!" He heard Psyche hiss in his ears before she put on the brightest fake smile as the door swung open.

Peeking beneath his lashes, he saw a beautiful girl with long black hair and forest green eyes staring curiously at them. Her slim build and frowny pout on her pink lips made him realize they were in the right place, this was the girl who was supposed to get hit with the arrow.

"Who is that, Ella?" A more shrill voice was heard from the house before a face appeared before them.

Cupid grimaced gazing at the blonde blue-eyed girl with a slim waist and nice bust glare at them. From her hostile thoughts, he knew this was the who the arrow had hit and he could also recognize her as one of his...

"Hi, I'm Psyche and this is my brother Cupid."

Cupid stifled his laughter turning it into a weak groan. He was surprised Psyche hadn't thought of their names before going on this mission.

"Psyche as in goddess Psyche?" The green eyes girl asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"Hilarious!" Psyche exclaimed with a short bark of laughter, "my brother is dying and needs to be out of the cold."

"Yes, his lips are blue already," the green eyes added giving the blue eyes a pleading look.

He would have performed a victory dance for adding the blueberry to their plan except then it wouldn't be such a foolproof plan again.

The blue one huffed and pulled the door wider for them to enter inside.

Staggering, he got inside the warm cozy living room and was placed on a sofa by green eyes while blue eyes continued eying them warily.

He needed to know their names but now that he thought about it, he recalled blue eyes calling the other one Ella.

Suits her, she's not such a grump, his subconscious sighed.

He mused thoughtfully in his head. If he was being completely honest he knew why blue eyes were such a grump.

Tuning out the conversation he was having in his mind, he listened closely to the conversation going on in the house.

"Get hot towels!" He heard the voice of an elderly woman exclaim. He hadn't known that there was someone else here but he peered his eyes open now and saw three women running around while Psyche sat down beside him wearing a worried expression on her face.

He would make sure to tease her about her newly developed deceitful nature.

A few minutes later, with lots of fuzzing and towels, he even had to swallow something tasting bad when he was alright he pretended to be asleep.

"He will be fine when he wakes up," he heard the elderly woman voice again.

"Thank you so much, ma," Psyche said.

"My name is Linda and these are my daughters, Cassie and Ella. Sorry for the late introduction but we were trying to save a life."

Save a life indeed, Cupid bite back the words.

"Thanks, ma, I'm Psyche and my brother, Cupid," he heard Psyche cherry voice ring out again.

He wanted her so badly.

"These are odd names," a cold voice designed to point out.

He knew instantly that it was blue eyes aka Cassie.

"Yeah our parents are odd people," Psyche replied with conviction.

Deciding to make his presence known, he sneezed and sat up on the sofa.

Peering his eyes open, he didn't expect Psyche to fling herself at him crying and asking if he was okay.

"Awww, siblings love!" Linda gushed clasping her hands and blinking back happy tears.

There was something Psyche had been right about and that was the emotional aspect of human beings, Cupid mused as he stared at the woman.

"How do you feel?" Psyche asked sniffling still making a fake show of her display for siblings' affection.

He was about to burst her bubble now.

Resting his head on her bosom again he replied in a broken voice.

"I thought I was going to die!"

She patted his head softly and he smirked whispering in her ears.

"I didn't die when I thought of your perky nipples in my mouth."

She jerked up instantly glaring at him then turned towards Linda.

"He's fine, could I please use the restroom?"

The traitorous girl left him alone with two girls, one who was excited he was alright and one who was convinced he looked suspiciously like her ex.

He needed to complete his mission and get the hell away from these people else he had no idea what might happen.

"So, Cupid," Cassie smirked at him, "got any arrows left I could do with some love this Christmas."

-----------------------------

A/N: Thanks for your awesome feedback guys pls keep voting and commenting tell me your thoughts on this chapter.

This chapter is dedicated to trevgonzales for being my first voter thank you so much pls check out his story "Hells on wheels" it's amazing.

Dedicated to lagos_girl thanks boo check out her book "choosing path" it's highly recommended.

mhiz_tonia12 pls give her a follow.

Thank you to my silent readers do comment and vote.

Much love ❤️
Goodness.