Eleven

"Cupid, are you okay?"

No, he was not okay! There was a darn siren singing to his hearing alone while the rest of the world went on with their lives.

A siren had interrupted their conversation from earlier and it was one he was familiar with. One who was intent on getting her revenge on him.

Ophelia was one of those sirens who lived on Earth disguising themselves and coming out to seduce men with their sweet voices.

She had wanted him all to herself and he had needed something only her could get so he agreed to spend some time with her on the floating island but he had been summoned urgently by Zeus and hadn't been able to fulfill that promise.

"And now I'm here to take it by force," her sweet voice whispered in his ears. They sounded like the whispers of a tender lover.

He was the only one that could see her because she had covered herself in glamor thereby making her invisible to mortals.

"Cupid!"

"Go away, human!" She growled in a low tone.

Cupid blinked rapidly trying to focus. "I'm here."

"Are you even listening to me?" Sacha asked giving him an odd look.

He nodded still entranced by the enchanting voice of the siren, he gazed at her with adoration.

Her bronze skin was covered in a beautiful blue silk gown, her long pink curls pulled into a messy bun, her long legs were bare and she was swinging her slim waist in front of him dancing to the rhythm of her song.

She had a smug look on her smooth round face, her green eyes gazing at him beneath her lashes, her lips held a coy smile. She leaned over him pressing her massive breast to his face.

This woman was able to drive a man insane with her voice and dance moves.

"Let's go, Cupid," Ophelia whispered seductively in his ears.

"Cupid, focus!" Sacha's voice snapped.

He nodded at her, his heart galloping a thousand miles as he thought about the floating islands.

"If we're gonna help them we need to do it before Christmas," she continued.

He blinked gradually coming to focus. His eyes narrowed into slits as he glared at her.

"Why?" He rasped out.

"Duh! They were supposed to get married last Christmas so we need to make that happen," she replied.

He nodded. "So they can get married on Christmas."

She clapped her hands excitedly drawing the attention of Ella and Jared. "Sorry, you guys carry on just wanted to congratulate Cupid, his tiny brain is finally catching up."

"And you're starting to annoy me, human!" Ophelia growled stopping her enchanting song.

"Christmas is in nineteen days, Cupid there's no time," Sacha commented.

Cupid nodded momentarily awake now the song was over. "What's the plan, Sacha?"

"The plan is for you to stand up and follow me!" Ophelia cried out.

"The plan is for us to convince Cassie," Sacha replied.

"How do we do that and what do we convince her about?" He questioned ignoring the angry siren.

"Gosh! You're clueless. How did you want to do this?" Sacha asked chuckling.

He shrugged. "I just had to shoot an arrow."

"Your sense of humor," she chortled.

"We need to get her to see that James still loves her and to do that we need to recreate all their memories together."

"Cupid, I'm going to destroy this human!" She growled.

"Patience, Ophelia," he whispered smiling at her.

"Who are you talking to?" Sacha asked looking around.

He chuckled. "Don't stress your eyes. So how do we recreate the first memory?"

Sacha sighed. "That's going to be a bit tricky."

He frowned. "Why?"

"You see, I can recreate the date but not the song. James hired the best band to play that song but they're too expensive to afford."

"What song is that?" He asked a plan already forming in his mind.

"Perfect by Ed Sheeran," she replied.

"What kind of song is that?"

She gave him a weird look. "A love song. You don't know Ed Sheeran?"

He ignored her question. "Please, play the song."

She giggled. "Who doesn't know Ed Sheeran? How old are you?"

"Sacha?"

Still giggling. "Yup."

"Play the darn song!"

"Give me your phone let me play it there."

He gave her a blank look.

"Phone as on a mobile phone."

Blank look.

Silence.

Then she brought out a device he had seen the humans carry and stare at it all day.

"This is a phone, you don't have one?" She asked surprise evident in her voice.

He shrugged. "No."

"How do you receive messages?" She asked her eyes round with shock.

"Through birds," he replied then added quickly, "We train them."

Still gaping at him she tapped on her device and a tone filled the air followed by a melodious voice.

I found a love

For me

Darling just dive right in

Follow my lead

I found a girl...

The song went off and he nodded. "That's a lovely song."

"Too sappy," Ophelia mumbled. She was sitting on the hammock in the garden.

"Would you arrange everything aside from the song for me?" He asked.

Sacha nodded. "I can get everything done except the song."

He smiled. "Run along now I have a friend to visit."

"For the song?"

He nodded.

"Omg! This date recreation is gonna be epic!" She whooped excitedly before calling Ella to help her and sending Jared home to inform his brother.

When he was sure they were all inside, he turned to Ophelia with a smile.

"Will you sing the song for the two lovers?"

"Only if you come with me to the floating islands right now," she replied coyly.

He nodded. "Floating islands it is."

-------------------------

A/N: You guys thought it was Cassie that interrupted right 🤣🤣

So here's the final update today just as promised, a double update each day.

Who's excited to go to the floating islands because I am. Buckle up guys we're having a change of scenery in the next chapter.

Leave your thoughts on this chapter and don't forget to hit that lil star.

Shout out to our new readers pentopaper6ix and ethade welcome 🥳🥳

Much love ❤️
Goodness.