- chapter ten

You had begun to get adjust to your new reality and hadn't made any other breaks for escape like the other night, knowing Snape was watching you like a hawk. Laying back on your bed as per usual and staring up at the ceiling kind of made you miss your tiny four poster. Sure, this was far more comfortable and you could sleep endlessly without Pansy shaking your shoulders and yelling that you were going to be late for class once again but you missed all that.

You missed the constant interruptions and loud chatter from the common room until the early hours. You missed listening to the latest relationship drama from the other girls that shared your room, even if you didn't particularly care as to why Marcus Flint was the latest heartbreaker.

That dormitory had been home to many a funny memory. You remembered in fourth year when Draco desperately needed you to pull your act together for a Charms paired project, to the point he started yelling at you from the bottom of the girl's dormitory staircase. Pansy had tried to get you up too but you were complaining too much and she had a Transfiguration class to run along to. She really couldn't deal with your half asleep protests any longer. She passed Draco who look at her in disbelief as he had expected to see you follow her and the other girls down to the common room. "Don't." Pansy answered his confusion with a roll of her eyes and left to go to her class.

Draco folded his arms and cleared his throat before shouting loudly up the staircase once again "Y/N! If you don't come down here in the next minute I will personally attempt to climb those stairs myself!"

You sat up with a low groan of a complaint, slowly pulling on your robes in your half asleep state, smiling to yourself as you heard Draco physically counting down the minute, but you didn't give in to him, tying your tie or fastening your buttons at your usual pace. There's no way he would try to come up.

Suddenly you heard a shrill sort of alarm or klaxon followed shortly by a thud and a groan, like something hitting stone, or rather someone.

You peered down the short staircase, your neck tilted out of the door and locked eyes with a defeated and disheveled looking Draco in a puddle at the bottom of the staircase, instantly cracking into laughter and shaking your head in utter disbelief.

Surely he hadn't actually attempted to get past the Glisseo charm? It had been placed on the stairs of all the girls dormitories, following its use in the Gryffindor Tower, but down here in the dungeons the incline looked less steep, and with that ingrained Slytherin ambition, a few boys had tried, and failed, to get up the stairs before.

Less than a few moments later you came down, bag slung over your shoulder, holding back a snigger as you spotted Draco leant against the wall at the bottom, his arms crossed over his chest once again and his teeth gritted. "Tell no one of that"

You knew not to speak of it again, but repressing your laughter whenever you thought of it was impossible.

You could hear the sound of heels on stone pacing close outside and remembered where you were. God, what did Snape want at this late hour. You trained your eyes on the door and sure enough, only a second later, Snape flung it open, sending you that signature welcome deathly glare of his. Lovely.

"Get up" he demanded and your body moved ahead of your brain, standing up from your bed instantly.

"Potter is growing suspicious" He held up your necklace in front of you and you instantly broke into smile, grabbing it out of his hold and clutching it to your chest, but Professor Snape himself wasn't looking particularly sentimental. "He found this on his little stroll the other night, due to your carelessness"

You slipped the necklace back over your neck, making sure the clasp was secure, turning the pendant over in your fingers as you admired it like it was the first time you got it again.