Confession

The jet landed around 3 AM, not long after Emily had dozed off. There was slight turbulence on the way, not enough to wake anybody or cause concern, but enough for Hotch to notice. The whole jet shook as they landed, causing everyone to wake up. "What was that about?" JJ exclaimed, before the whole team looked at Morgan and Reid, Derek immediately sitting up to remove his head from Reids shoulder and started to blush.

They all groggily grabbed their items, duffle bags and folders, and sat waiting for Hotchs instructions. With heavy eyebags under his brown eyes, he began announcing where everyone would he going. "I need Morgan and Reid to go interview the victims family's, the addresses are in the folders. "Go pretty boy." Morgan mumbled to the nerdy boy sitting next to him. Spencer was obviously trying to ignore the obnoxisity of the man sitting next to him.

"Rossi and JJ, you will go to the police station, figure out how they feel about the whole thing and see if there is anymore information that you can relay to Garcia." Rossi and JJ exchanged glances, and quickly looked away, not in an awkward way but more like they were waiting for Hotchner to get to the point. Emily noticed JJ had straight hair that day instead of curls, most likely because they had been on a plane and Jennifer hadn't had time to curl her hair, but it was just a strange observation that Prentiss had decided to make.

"That leaves me and Prentiss to go look at the crime scenes-" Hotch looked at Prentiss. She ducked her head as everyones gaze averted to her direction, as if they were mocking her, some grinning. Nobody knew about last night, as far as Prentiss knew. Nobody knew about her reckless and selfish behavior, but why did it feel like they did, and then she remembered that everybody had seen her blushing yesterday, a weight lifted.

Everyone tiredly shuffled off of the plane and made their way to randomly parked SUVs. Hotch and Prentiss approached their assigned SUV, which Hotch had the key for. There was a beep an obnoxious beep and it unlocked its door and Emily tugged open the door, taking a seat in the burning hot chair, and strapped the fiery seat belt over her chest. Hotch also Gott into the car and did the same, sucking his teeth when he felt the warmth of the seat and humidity of the air.  They both swore Minnesota was cold, but apparently not. 

"Emily, we have to talk about last night." Hotch said as soon as the car pulled out of the air port and onto the main highway. Emily shifted as she immediately felt uncomfortable about the conversation brought up. "Hotchner, was it a mistake? Are we a mistake. Maybe we say fuck it! Who cares about the FBI's rules!" She just had to let that out, it was awkward and blurted out recklessly, but it was the truth.

"Emily..." She liked it when he called her Emily, plenty of people did, but she liked when he said it. His deep voice, the vibrations of his words echoing in her ear. "I agree with you. I think we can figure out some exception. We could be a thing." Hotch said. He looked back at the first day that Emily walked into the office, which was out of the blue. Her curls bouncing after the confusion about how she got into the BAU in the first place, the optimism on her face.

"What about Strauss?" Emily asked, snapping Aaron out of his trip down memory lane, and he suddenly remember he was actually driving. "I would have to talk to her." "What about the team?" She asked once more "They'll just have to deal with it." Emily let out a small smile, there was no joke in his sentence, but she couldn't help it. The car slowed as they pulled up to a red light, the light was barley visible in the sun, but you could still tell what it was flashing. "What about..." She didn't finish before he leaned over and connected their lips, his hand delicately resting on her chin. He pulled away and started driving, leaving Emily completely red in the face and her heart pounding like crazy.

They continued driving on the roads until each one slowly had more and more pot holes in it. Some buildings had been still recovering from riots a year or two back. Emily was surprised, she had seen all the new coverage in the media, but she never saw the aftermath, she had actually forgotten that the riots had happened in Minnesota, and didn't realize people were still recovering from them.

"We're arriving soon." Hotch said, car slowing down as the traffic slowly started getting noticeably worse, Emily looked at the digital clock on the dashboard, rush hour. She let out a puff of air in frustration and boredom as their car inched its way to the crime scenes.

------------

Sorry for another really short chapter, but again, it went from 200 to 800 so don't take it for granted :)