Chapter 10- Declan

I stayed at the hospital when my parents left. I refused to leave until I knew Silas was going to wake up and was alright and protected. My Mom told me she would bring me food and change of clothes when needed. I was glad they were not trying to make me leave his side. I stayed in the hospital for four days. My parents grabbed my school work so I could do it and brought it back for me. I wasn't leaving for anything. The doctor and nurses would come in and give me a sad look. That pissed me off because I know he will wake up. On the Fifth day it happened. He slowly opened his eyes and groaned out in pain.

"Silas stay still. I will get a nurse. I will be right back." I said kissing his hand afraid to hurt him if I kissed anywhere else. I quickly ran out of the room and to the nurses station.

"He's awake. Silas Reed is awake." I smiled at the nurse and she nodded, grabbing the phone next to her. I ran back into the room and right to his side.

"Where." he started to ask but I hushed him.

"The Doctor will be here in a minute. He will explain everything to you Silas. Please just rest." I watched as he closed and opened his eyes making me know he understood. I gently rubbed my thumb over the back of his hand making him close his eyes again, a tear dropping out of them. I was about to wipe them away for him as the door opened and the Doctor and a nurse came in the room. The nurse walked around the bed checking the machines then his vitals.

"Well Mr. Reed you had a terrible ordeal and are in the hospital. You arrived five days ago. We had to do emergency surgery on you but you seem to be healing up really well. Do you remember what happened?" I watched as Silas nodded slowly and closed his eyes.

"Do you want to tell me and I will let the police know or would you rather wait for them?" The doctor asked.

"You." Silas rasped out. "I don't like cops." he proceeded to say.

"May I ask why Mr. Reed?" The doctor asked.

"Never believe me." He told him, making my heart clench at his words.

"Believe you about what?" The doctor went on. I knew where he was going with this.

"My parents beat me. This was. This was the worst." He quietly said crying.

"Both of your parents do this to you?" The doctor asked while writing on some paper.

"Yes. More my dad but they both do." he slowly replied. closing his eyes in pain. I rubbed his hand and he looked at me and started to cry again.

"The police will be taking your parents into custody once I report this. Do you have a place to go from here?" The doctor asked and before Silas could reply I did.

"My parents said he is going to stay with us." I said and Silas looked at me wide eyed.

"Alright then. That's good. I didn't want him going to the state. I'm glad he will be in a safe environment." The doctor said. "I will be back in a little while to check on you. You may have to stay a couple of more days but at least we know where you will be going." The doctor smiled before leaving the room, the nurse following behind.

"Oh god Silas I was so scared." I cried as I laid my head on his hand. I felt his thumb rub against my cheek and I sat up.

"Did the nurse put pain medication into your Iv?" I asked.

"Yes. It's starting to work. How did I get here?" He asked, I just looked at him.

"You somehow got to my house after, after this happened and my mom found you passed out on our porch." I told him.