{Chapter 2}

Dream wished he could say he had a nightmare.

Like in books, where the characters had vivid, informative and scary dreams. Dreams that were so horrifying they made the person look cool. Dreams that show his enemies' plots and their next moves, like demigods.

In all honesty, he had the weirdest dream ever.

He woke up in a hospital bead. Cold sweat running down his forehead, hands clammy, breath heavy. Looking down, he saw his wrists were chained.

Immediately, he panicked, looking around frantically. The room was completely empty, except for the bed. The walls were a blinding shade of white. The long bright lights above him flickered, sending an eerie chill down his spine.

Then, it appeared.

No, he didn't get brutally murdered by a terrifying monster. He didn't get slaughtered by an insane killer. He didn't die a cool death.

No, instead, he got eaten by a mushroom.

Yep. A big brown mushroom with large googly eyes. Absolutely embarrassing.

He woke up in a dark room, still mortified. Droplets of water echoed. It was like his dream, but the opposite. Same as the dream, he was also handcuffed. Except there was no mushroom.

What happened? He thought. Oh. He tried to rob the rich man at the market, and blacked out.

"You're awake," a voice spoke, scaring the shit out of him. 

'You're awake', the typical intro of a kidnapper. Like, yeah, he was awake. Don't need to state the obvious. Literally all the kidnappers would say that. Could this guy be any more basic? Dream rolled his eyes. 

All the other kidnappers, as in the ones in books and stories and the one that kidnapped Dream a few years back. Yes, he was kidnapped.

The guy was stupid though. He had tied up the boy by only his wrists, not to mention forgetting to disarm him. So when he entered the room, saying the classic "You're awake", Dream stuck out his legs and planted a kick right in his gut, sending him flying backwards into a wall. As he writhed on the ground in pain, Dream used the opportunity to use his free fingers to fish his switchblade from his pocket, proceeding to cut the rope in half.

When the man got up, Dream simply judo-flipped him. Then he called the police and got him arrested. According to his memory, the guy's name was either Chad or Maurice.

This guy, however, ignoring the cliché part, was smart. He bound Dream's wrist in a tight rope around his wrists, feet and body. The rope was probably made of some kind of metal, it scratched against his skin and caused itches all over his body. Dream assumed he respected the entire mask thing, because it was still on. He had completely disarmed him, including the blade Dream hid inside his shoe, in case of emergencies.

Dream suddenly realised how he was basically calling this guy smart and made a face. Ew. The only smart person in the room was Dream, and him only. Yes, maybe he was the one tied to a chair, but he'll find a way out sooner or later. And who even was he? Who was he to tie him to a chair and say "You're awake"?

So he asked politely, "Who the hell are you?"

"That wasn't very nice. You're lucky I kept your mask on, dickhead."

"You didn't answer my question."

Dream heard the man chuckle. Then, he emerged out of the shadows and Dream gasped.

"Maurice?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, Technoblade? Sorry, you look very alike-"