Chapter 3

-Time Skipped 5 weeks after Chp 2, Third POV-

It was ballistic, the week was filled with quarters of exams, tests, projects. Scores are being computed each day to see the difference between the student's mindset. Of course, none of them still doesn't know about the prize only to be told after the exams are done as the teachers announced the 3 top students.

Everybody kept there head and mind questioned, who would be the top 3 students? Sooner enough it took another week to finalise all the scores of the students.

The teachers posted their scores on the main area of the school to see each of the student's highlights. Still, none of them was intact with the top 3. "The top students will be posted shortly after school is done." The speaker told.

On the halls, Y/N and Mia we're to be seen. You in your usual school uniform with a black hoodie despite the sunny weather today. "Hey Y/N, I know it's a pretty common question but shouldn't you be sweating?" Mia asked. You looked at her with a dumbfounded expression. "What do you mean?"

"I-i mean it's all good wearing double clothes but the fact it's sunny makes me curious that you aren't sweating."

You answered. "Well, maybe my skin has already gotten used to it." You continued. "Since I've been doing this for the past years."

"I see." She noted.

The two of you continued to walk. Y/N glanced a bit at the person beside him, a cheerful, courageous and beautiful like. Her expressions turn into blank glimmer like.

"You alright?" You asked.

"O-oh me? Yeah... It's just." Her voice had a worried tone, every time she speaks her words turn into muffled. "Do you think I'll be in the top students?" Her sight looked at you in the eye making you a bit uncomfortable. "If you believe in yourself then you will."

She was still gloomy and worried.  You both continued your walk for the next 5 minutes before coming back to your classes.

-Time skipped after classes-

The school was done, students were excited about the results and the winners. Most of them huddle up in one place were people checking out there result.
Then one of the school principal was to be seen. All the class took a step back. She was holding a paper that may be the winners. Everyone thought.

On the outside of the University, Y/N to be seen.

-Y/N POV-
Such a gloomy and lifeless day. I can't tell if I should care to be in those top students. Despair and sorrow fill my mind, giving me the attribute to losing my senses. I was heading out, not wanting to know who's the winner. My hood on despite the sunny weather. I felt my other senses telling me I should check the results but the other just wants to go home and rest. You were overthinking.

Your inches always to the university, you aren't sweating nor overthinking anymore. Why? Is it because of the crowd? You asked yourself. Your mind began to empty not knowing what to do or think anymore. All you can do now is walk, walk forever? A lifeless life I suppose.

Then a voice you heard. Calling by your name. "Hey Y/N!!! Heyy!!!" It was Mia with her usual expression.

She was behind you. You stopped as to look at her in a confused expression. "What is it?" You asked. "Yo! Good news! We're both going to a concert!!"

...

You were confused at first, trying to comply with the situation. "What do you mean?"

"It means, we're both got in the top awarded students!" She said with her eyes sparkled in joy.

...

"What?"

She began dragging you back to the university but failed due to his heaviness. Trying to tell him that it is something she wished since she was a child. "Oh and you know I'm a big fan of them?!!" She was too overjoyed and excited. "So what's this concert about??"

"It's KDA, a group of people who- wait are you even listening?"

"Y-yeah, yeah... But what's for the occasion though? Like why would they put a concert for a prize?" You asked.

"I dunno, probably because they're a fan? Same as me!!!" Her eyes sparkled again.

"Well good luck to you and the other one." You said while leaving the conversation.

"Wait- what do you mean by that?" A confused tone comes out of her mouth.

"I'm not going."