Chapter 2- ❄️Don't judge a book by it's cover❄️

My eyes flutter open and I am surrounded by nostalgia.

The posters from boy bands and celebrities I crushed on as a teen were still hung in their original spot on the walls. The shelves of my school books and teen novels are untouched on the shelves. The white study desk that matched the rest of the bedroom set, is organized with cups of colorful markers from when I used to draw and doodle. Mom is one for nostalgia too, since she left everything the same and never bothered to clean out my room when I graduated.

It doesn't feel like me anymore. I've become such a workhorse these last few years, I forgot the small things that used to once bring me happiness. Now I'm too tired after work that I'll just either cook myself dinner or order in and binge some new show or movie on Netflix.

I stretch out my sore muscles and slid my feet out of the bed to the chilled wood floor. I needed a shower to wash away all the crumminess from the airport traveling.

I seek out the toiletry bag and trot to the en-suite bathroom. I open the door and turn on the light, reaching behind the frosted glass panel to twist the knob for the water.

The towels are folded neatly in the cubbies next to the sink and I take one to hang over the handle outside the shower door. My travel shampoo, conditioner, and body wash I grab from the bag and place it on the shelf in the shower. I lastly reach for a washcloth and step under the scalding water.

The heat meets my chilled body making goosebumps rise all over my creamy skin. I lather the cherry vanilla body wash over myself and let it moisturize my body. I take my time scrubbing the shampoo into my scalp and rinsing to do the same with the conditioner.

I feel revitalized as I step out onto the mat, towel drying my shoulder length blonde curls and wrapping the towel around my midriff.

I wipe at the fogged mirror to look at my rosy reflection. I go through my routine of brushing my teeth, flossing, gargling mouthwash, applying deodorant and plugging in the blow drier from under the sink to dry my hair.

It's when I stand up I look to the second sink.

It flashes to me that I'm just now remembering the bathroom is a Jack and Jill style. To Nick's room. I absentmindedly forgot about it since Nick never stays over, he lives in town and has his own house. The door to his room always remained closed and never opened.

Until now.

My shocked green eyes meet Red's chocolate brown eyes as they went from sleepy to wider than the color in his iris and only pupil. They roamed my barely covered body in my towel before shooting back up quickly.

I cover myself more as if it would help.

"Sorry, I heard the shower finish and I gave it a couple minutes but I really need to piss," he chuckles and wipes at his eyes, reverting them from my half naked stature in front of him.

"And I totally forgot this was a Jack and Jill bathroom since Nick never stays over when I visit. Sorry!" I rush out of the bathroom and brace myself on the door when I slam it closed.

It's sad that that's the closest I've been naked to another guy in months.

I shook my head at the thought, I'm not going there.

I only put on plaid pajamas and the matching baseball tee since I don't know what's planned for today so I don't want to get dressed if we're not going out.

My hair is still damp and I shiver at the realization I need to go back in the bathroom. Then there's a knock on the other side of the door.

I slowly open it and peer through. Red is smirking at me. I scrunch my nose in confusion.