intro

Intense, hot pain flooded through my back as it smashed into the ground beneath me. I was no match for Sukuna, his cursed energy and strength was like nothing I had ever seen before. It didn't help that his soul was inside of Itadori's body either, the last thing I wanted to do was hurt my friend.

Using what little energy I had left I stood back up to face Sukuna again.

"It seems like your friend is having some trouble taking over this time". He sneered, "I'm going to keep it that way". Sukuna gestured to his heart, "Your friend can't live without this, but I can".

My heart sank deep into my stomach.

"That won't stop him. If killing himself means killing you too, he'll do it", I shook my head.

"You give this brat too much credit", he snickered before plunging his fist into his chest and ripping Itadori's heart out with his bare hand. He carelessly threw it onto the muddy ground before stepping closer. "I know this asshole doesn't have the guts to kill himself".

Sukuna reached out and wrapped his bloody hand tightly around my neck. I had no strength left to fight back.

For a second, I doubted it too. What if he was right?

But I knew Itadori better than he did, regardless of them sharing the same body. I looked right through Sukuna, searching for any inkling that Itadori was listening, and spoke to him instead.

"Just so you know, I don't regret saving you, I don't regret you coming to Jujutsu High, and I don't regret being your friend". I fought hard against the growing heaviness in my chest as Sukuna's hand squeezed tighter around my neck, "You're a good person Itadori, and I didn't want to see another good person die. I'm sorry I couldn't save you again".

The black markings covering Itadori's body began to melt away, and the harsh appearance of Sukuna's face was replaced with a familiar softness. His grip on me loosened and his hand fell back to his side. Itadori's back.

"Oh", Itadori chuckled. It was so much lighter than Sakuna's cold, heavy laughter. "You've really put a lot of thought into this haven't you?" Blood started to seep from the corners of his lips as he smiled.

"Itadori-", my finger tips were shaking at my sides, and I couldn't form any of the words I wanted to say.

He looked down at the hole in his chest and grimaced, "I don't have much time left here. I'm going to miss you, Kugisaki, and Gojo Sensi. Tell them I said bye".

Thunder rolled overhead and the cold rain started pouring down harder.

"Live a long life, Fushiguro".

Those were his last words before he fell over. Dead at my feet. And there was nothing I could do.

*****

I stared at the ceiling of my dorm room, thinking about how Itadori should be sitting in the room next to me.

Out of everyone, why did it have to be him? He never deserved any of this. I had only known him for a couple weeks, but he was the kind of person who leaves a lasting impression. The kind of person you never forget.

I thought back to the night we met, the night he consumed Sukuna's finger. I had pleaded with Gojo Sensei to let him live, and he had agreed, under the condition that Itadori help us find and consume all of Sukuna's fingers. But I suppose that once he consumed them all he would have had to die anyway. Maybe it's better this way.

Normally, he would be pestering me by now. Knocking on my door to ask if I have snacks, or if I wanted to watch a movie. I used find his constant nagging annoying, but now there's a part of me that misses it. A small part that would be elated to hear his voice call my name from outside my door right now.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to force the image of his lifeless body out of my mind. It's been the only thing I could think about these past couple days. I haven't spoken to Kugisaki yet, honestly I've barely even left my room, but I do wonder how she's handling it. Maybe I'll go see her later tonight.

There was a quiet knock at my door, "Fushiguro?".

Or, maybe I'll see her now.

I walked over and opened the door; her eyes were tired.

"Can I come in? I know you usually don't like people in your roo-"

"Just come in", I sighed and closed the door behind her. We both took a seat on the edge of my bed.

"How are you doing? It must have been really hard... having to actually be there". She kept her eyes fixed on the wooden floor.

"I'm okay. It just doesn't feel right, I guess. It wasn't fair. He was a good person".

"I know", she looked up, her eyes scanning across my room until she noticed a big yellow sweatshirt hanging from the back of my desk chair. "Is that his?", she pointed.

I felt my cheeks get warm with embarrassment. "Yeah, I took it from his room. I just thought it would be nice to have something, I don't know, to help me grieve or something stupid like that".

She shook her head, "I don't think it's stupid. I know we didn't know him very long but I miss him too. He was kind of like the sun, you know?" She laughed lightly, "He was always so bright, sometimes a little too bright and it hurt your eyes and annoyed you, but bright none the less. It'll be weird not having him around anymore".

The sun. "Yeah, he was kind of like that", I smiled for the first time in days. "Thanks for coming. Maybe we should go get some dinner or something?"

"That sounds perfect", she sighed. "I haven't had much of an appetite. But... no offense, maybe you should shower and brush your hair out first. You kind of look like shit", she looked at me seriously.

I rolled my eyes. I probably did look like shit. "Okay, I'll get ready and meet you outside in twenty minutes".

"Okay", she nodded, flashed one last smile, and then made her way out the door.

I walked into the bathroom, flipped on the lights, and looked in the mirror. Holy shit, I did look bad. It looked like I had gotten punched in both eyes from my lack of sleep lately, or maybe Sukuna did just punch both my eyes, I guess we'll never know.

I hopped in the shower and turned the heat as high as it could go. The slight burning sensation felt nice on my skin. I scrubbed soap all over my body, trying to wash away more than just dirt.

When I got out, I massaged some cream into my face and stared at myself in the mirror. It wasn't great, but definitely better than before. I slipped on some sweatpants, a t-shirt, and a pair of sneakers before leaving to catch up with Kugisaki.

*****

Hi!

Thank you for reading this short lil intro chapter. I wanted to write this to give you an idea of when this is taking place. So Itadori is dead (not really as u know) and his friends are sad about it. I don't plan on following the anime/manga story line very much, but I wanna keep the characters (personality wise) as true to self as I can. If there are some major plot points from the anime that I like, I might incorporate them, but basically I want this to be my own story from within their world. And obviously this is going to be Megumi x Yuji. :)

Feedback is always appreciated (just be nice im sensitive).

Ok, thats all! See u at the end of the next chapter!

<3 silver