· Therapy ·

Vote, comment, and follow for more content!

***

Mia's POV

***

It's Tuesday evening and Freya and I are watching TV. Josh is out getting dinner and I've been getting comfortable with this evening routine. 

The routine will change soon because I will be going to school next week. I didn't want to pick one, so Josh and Freya picked the first one. Their reasoning was that they knew the headmaster on personal terms and it would help them know if I was okay in school and doing well in general. 

I'm anxious about it, but I'm trying to open my mind to try school again. Freya and Josh have supported me so much and I doubt I'll have too much to deal with without them by my side. It's taken me years to trust Joan and Tim, but Josh and Freya have earned my trust in a matter of weeks. 

"Hey, you're thinking too much again," Freya says, nudging my foot with hers. "You okay?"

I nod. "Just thinking about school"

"It'll be okay," Freya replies softly. "Josh and I are here on standby if you need us at any time. If you need to get something off your mind, we're always here"

"I appreciate it," I sigh, taking a sip from my tea mug. "But sometimes I find it hard to talk and...well you know this"

Freya nods. "Hopefully your therapy appointment on Thursday will help with that"

Right. The dreaded fucking therapy appointment on Thursday. My temper tantrum didn't derail that plan. 

Freya raises an eyebrow at my facial expression. 

"Mia, you have to go. I find it mad that Joan never took you to a consultant to get checked for anything"

"She couldn't afford it," I mumble. 

"Well Josh and I can," Freya sighs, squeezing my hand. "I promise everything will get better"

"I hate that saying," I chuckle. "It just doesn't get better, does it?"

"Don't talk like that," Freya says. "If you open your mind to it, it could work"

"If I don't?" I challenge her.

"Then you won't get better. Don't you want to?"

"So my mental illnesses are my fault?" I say, standing up and feeling hurt.

"I didn't say that!"

"You implied it!"

"Mia, take a breather. I know you're stressed about the upcoming week with you starting school and therapy and everything, but you don't have to take it out on me"

"Whatever, I'm going to bed," I sigh.

"It's eight pm," Freya says, checking her watch. "You haven't had dinner yet, either"

"I'm not hungry"

"Mia, cmon. Sit down and let's talk"

"I'm going to bed"

"You won't solve anything if you don't communicate," Freya calls as I walk down the hall to my room. 

I slam my door shut and push myself onto my bed. Freya and I have been clashing a lot recently. Yes, it might be my fault, but to be fair, Freya doesn't understand the way I feel or act sometimes. It's not fair on her either, I understand, but it doesn't stop me from arguing with her.

I don't argue with Josh. He takes Freya's side more, but he takes the time to listen to my side of the story after every argument. I don't dare argue with Josh because he kinda scares me when he's stressed-out and arguing with Freya sometimes. I only hear him raise his voice when he's on the phone with his father. They don't seem to get along very well.