· Christmas! ·

Vote, comment, and follow! Also, feel free to leave a comment suggesting chapter ideas for the upcoming content! 🤍

***
Mia's POV
***

I groan as my alarm rings, making my eyelids lift and come in contact with the morning sun. It's quite cloudy out and I get out of bed to get a closer look.

The sky is slowly turning grey and I know it'll be a matter of hours before it starts chucking down with rain. It could be a matter of minutes, to be fair. 

I check my phone for the time and it suddenly dawns on me that it's Christmas morning. 

"It's Christmas," I smile to myself in the mirror. 

This is my first proper Christmas. At the orphanage, we had a really old tree that we would put up. We'd have one present each almost every year, but Ian and Joan usually spent more money on the food part of Christmas. 

I brush my teeth and throw my hair in a messy bun. It looks like a bird's nest, but I could care less right now. 

***

I stand in front of Josh and Freya's room, my ear plastered to the door to listen for any sounds. I hear Josh and Freya talking softly, sounding tired and gruff. 

I knock lightly and smile when I hear Freya say I can come in. 

"Merry Christmas," I smile, entering and seeing the couple in bed. 

Josh pats the foot of the bed and I get on like a small dog. Freya goes to the bathroom to get something and Josh puts his arms around me, smiling. 

"Merry Christmas, sweetheart"

Freya reappears a few seconds later and chucks a stocking at me. I look at it in surprise. I haven't seen these around the flat before. 

"I knew you'd go snooping around for these, so I had to hide them in the bathroom," Freya explains, seeing my awed face. 

We open our stockings and laugh at the weird things in them. I get fake dog poo and pens and different sorts of makeup bits and bobs. We all get Christmas socks and then wear them to open the main presents sitting under the tree. 

***

I end up getting new clothes, a new sketchbook, a box of pens, pencils and oil paints, canvases, and a Gryffindor sweatshirt (yes, I love Harry Potter).

I got Freya some skull earrings, a matching necklace, a very soft maroon sofa blanket, some cute hair accessories, and an oversized black sweatshirt with a mesh skull design on the back (she loves skulls).

I got Josh a mug that says "Best Dad" on it, some BOSS cologne, a "Make Your Own Hotsauce" kit (I know he likes to experiment with hot flavors), and a black and neon green hoodie that he's been talking about for a long time. 

Josh gifts Freya jewelry, new heeled boots, and a skull-shaped ice tray. Freya gets Josh a very expensive-looking watch, some cool clothing pieces, and an eye massaging sleep mask (for Josh's intense dark under eyes) 

***

Freya and I start cooking right away. We're making half of the Christmas dinner for tonight. Talia says she'll take care of the veg. Talia's vegetarian and Freya says she's better at seasoning vegetables. 

Josh helps us cook too. He takes care of the turkey (stuffing, gravy, etc), Freya makes the cranberry sauce and bread pudding, and I make the pigs in blankets and peppermint brownies. 

Talia's taking care of the roast potatoes, honey glazed carrots and parsnips, and Yorkshire puddings. 

***