· Christmas Trees and Hot Chocolate

Vote, follow and comment down below! <3 (feel free to leave any chapter ideas down below in the comments!)

***

Mia's POV

***

"Shit, my biscuits are burning"

I giggle when I hear Freya swear. She runs to the oven and pulls on the oven mitts, opening the door and pulling out her tray of gingerbread cookies. 

We baked them this morning. Freya bought some cute cookie cutters in the shape of Christmas trees, mooses and snowflakes online and we tried them out today. 

Freya sets the hot tray on the stove, taking off her mitts and touching the cookies. They smell unreal. 

"They look good," I smile.

"Don't they?" Freya smiles back.

 Freya moves the cookies onto a festive plate and hands them to me, nodding towards the kitchen table where we normally sit to eat all our meals. 

"Could you put them in the centre of the table, angel?"

I nod and take the plate. I place them in the centre of the table and smile when they seem to fit the whole theme in the flat. 

My back pocket vibrates and flashes and I take my phone from my jeans. Josh's contact profile flashes up on screen and I press accept. I put the phone to my ear and laugh when I hear screaming on the other end of the line. It sounds like Harry.

"Hey, sweetie. Could you pass me on to Freya, please?"

"You didn't want to talk to me?" I pout, mocking a hurt tone. 

Josh chuckles. "Of course I do. I need Freya now though. I tried calling her phone but she hasn't picked up"

"How's filming?" I ask, making my way over to Freya. "I heard screaming"

"Harry and Ethan are wrestling. we just finished filming and I guess they have some extra energy to spare"

"Here's Freya," I say, watching as she wipes her floury hands on her apron.

"Alright, see you later, love," Josh says as I pass my phone to Freya. 

Freya takes the phone and walks into her office to speak with him. I sit at the kitchen counter and take out my sketchbook. I sketch a cat and pencil in some furry featres, focusing on the eyes, whiskers and ear hair. 

Freya opens the office door and shuts it behind her, handing me back my phone. 

"Everything okay?" I ask. 

Freya nods. "Everything's fine, Mimi"

Freya has recently adopted calling me "Mimi". I don't know if it's cute or not. Josh calls me "Munchkin" which I prefer. 

***

It's seven thirty when Josh finally gets home from filming. 

"I'm home!" he calls, throwing his car keys in the bowl on the front table. 

The sound of his voice makes me stand up from the sofa and jog over to hug him. He gives me a big hug back and chuckles, ruffling my hair. I don't see a lot of Josh nowadays. He's always either filming, streaming, going to meetings or sleeping. 

He's a busy guy.

"Hiya," Freya smiles, resting her hand on his chest to give him a kiss on the cheek. "You're finally home. What should we do for dinner?"

"Nando's takeaway?" Josh suggests. 

***

I rinse my dirty plate under the kitchen sink before placing it in the dishwasher. I refill my glass of water and then make my way back to the living room sofa where Josh and Freya and I are watching The Christmas Chronicles

I sit in the middle of Josh and Freya and sigh happily as Freya presses play. I rest my head on Josh's chest and shut my eyes, feeling the day start to catch up with me. I'm so tired.

***

The next morning I wake up in my bed, all tucked in and everything. I look down and frown until I remember that I fell asleep on Josh last night. He must've taken me to bed after the movie finished.

I check my phone and yawn. It's 9 am. 

I throw my messy hair over my shoulder and shrug on a sweater. It's pretty cold this morning. 

I walk into my bathroom and wash my face, neck and hands. I also clean my teeth and drag a brush through my tangled hair.

 I honestly look like such a crackhead every morning. 

I pocket my phone in my pajama pants and make my way out to the living room. I see Freya and Josh having coffee and speaking quietly, munching on toast and other sorts of breakfasts. 

"Goodmorning!" I smile, taking a seat next to Josh at the table.

"Morning, love. How'd you sleep?" he replies, taking a sip of his pitch black coffee. 

"Good," I say, thanking Freya as she hands me a bowl for cereal. "Sorry that I keep falling asleep on you. I guess you just have a comforting heart beat"

Josh chuckles and shakes his head. "That's so sweet. Don't apologize. It's adorable"

"We're going to do the tree in a minute," Freya smiles, stroking my hair. "You want some hot chocolate?"

"Oh, yes please," I smile. "Thanks"

***

Ten minutes later, Josh, Freya and I are decorating the tree. Josh has put on his santa hat and rolls his eyes when Freya and I laugh at him. We're all wearing our pajamas and sipping creamy rich hot chocolate as we hang ornaments on the branches of the Christmas tree. It's fun and bonding and when Freya puts on her Christmas playlist, I truly start to feel the spirit working it's way into my system. 

"We're not crazy traditional, so we normally put a teddy bear at the top of the tree instead of a star," Freya explains. "You wanna put it on the top?

I nod. "Sure, but I'm not tall enough"

"That's not a problem," Josh grins. 

Josh, without warning, hands me the teddy bear and then lifts me up. At first, I'm scared I'm going to fall, but Josh tightens his arms around my waist, giving me a sense of security and safety. 

I place the bear on the top of the tree and smile when I see how cute it is. The tree now looks like a Harrods window display. 

"Niceeee," Josh says, putting me back down on the ground. "The tree looks great"

"It really does," Freya smiles, slinging an arm around my shoulders. "I think we all deserve a gingerbread biscuit after all that hard work, don't you guys think?"

***