Chapter 1

~AUTHORS NOTE~

ok so bear with me, this is a bit of a boring chapter as I explain the first part of the storyline from where I am starting. I promise it'll pick up as I go! 

!Disclaimer! : My book is obviously fiction. The things happening on the Dream SMP are scripted as well! Please do not send hate to anyone on the SMP. They are all just playing their part

Enjoy the story!

~

~NO ONES POV~

It all started off with a prank.

Nobody knew it would end up being so much more.

Quackity giggles as he places the dirt and item frames for a massive portrait. George is AFK for now, so he wants to surprise him when he gets back. Both boys are just outside Tommy's house, planning to play a prank on him.

As he finishes placing the last piece of dirt, he places the gigantic photo onto the massive frame.

He immediately cannot stop laughing. The photo is of George with a horrendous look on his face, edited into a Snapchat. It is a masterpiece

George hears Quackity's stifled giggling, and can't help but look. He sees the photo of himself and immediately rolls his eyes. 

"QUACKITY WHAT IS THAT?" George yells.

Quackity is too busy laughing to answer him. 

They continue goofing around, and promptly agree to do a massive prank on the whole SMP. They are going to download meme photos of everyone on the SMP, and then place them on massive posters all around the SMP. George decides he wants to get some more leather, so he sends out a chat asking the whole server. Techno immediately responds, saying he has some. 

George swipes away the voice in his head warning him not to trust him, as he runs along the Prime Path looking for the infamous Technoblade. When he finally finds him, he gasps. 

All he can see is floating netherite armor as it turns towards him and starts charging forward.

George gasps and starts desperately running away. After what seems like hours of running from Techno, he starts to fall behind, and Techno starts doing serious damage to George. George quickly logs out and negotiates peace. 

He finds out that Techno considers himself retired from violence, which he can't help but be skeptical of. 

Back up by Tommy's house, Dream logs into the SMP where he is met with the terrible picture of George. Normally, Dream would start wheezing and join in on making fun of George, but he has a much more pressing matter to discuss. 

He hadn't been able to stop thinking lately. His mind had been racing on how to deal with Tommy, as well as trying to keep his best friend George's best interests in mind. He was going to propose a new idea to his friends.

George and Quackity quickly discover Dream as well as Sapnap, who had just joined, and Dream launches straight into his idea.

"I think George should step down from his role as king," Dream states. 

They are both stunned into silence for a few seconds. They couldn't believe their ears.

"I mean think about it guys, George has been getting attacked for no reason, and he hasn't really done many kingly things. I'm thinking about giving the crown back to Eret. All I need is George to say he steps down!" Dream says with confidence. He is sure it is one of his best ideas.

George is stunned. How could his best friend- the one who has always supported him and been by his side- just give up on him like that.

Almost immediately, Sapnap and Quackity begin to protest and tell Dream what a terrible idea they think it is. 

George simply does not speak. He can't. He is too hurt.

When he finally snaps out of his trance, he realizes Sapnap and Quackity are guiding him in the direction of Mexican L'manburg. 

Upon arrival, they immediately begin plotting how to get George his throne back. 

George cannot hear them. He is too stunned to listen. He slowly walks away from his friends, who are so deep into plotting they don't even notice. 

As he walks toward the waterfall, he realizes how windy it is up there. Even the wind is against him. He sits down next to the waterfall, numb to all his feelings. 

In a way, it's sort of horrifically ironic. George was just talking to Sapnap the other day about how he can feel this unmistakable connection and sense of safety he felt when near Dream.  

But now, everything he thought was a lie. 

One of the people he cared about and counted on the most, absolutely hated him.

He lets out a long sigh as he fiddles with the grass around him, then he runs his hand through the waterfall.

In a way, the water reminds him of Dream. Powerful and strong, stopping for no one, always there to be a little bit of beauty in an otherwise dull world. "Oh Dream," he sighs. "What did I do wrong?"

He desperately looks to the stars, tears in his eyes, pleading for an answer. The suffocating silence crushes him like dead weight as he falls back onto the grass, sobbing for what he had lost.

~Authors Note~

OK OK i know that was a little painful but I promise it will get better in the next chapter! I hope you at least semi-enjoyed this first chapter! Leave some comments of suggestions for the book, and feel free to leave a vote as well! <3